Keimling

Contact +43-662-853675

Loiger Strasse 89, Wals-Siezenheim, Salzburg, Austria, 5071

Vegetarian cafe offering a salad buffet from 9am and warm meals from 11:30am. Dishes changes daily. Sells some packaged health food and organic products like teas, grains, bread, and noodle. Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Salad bar, European, Austrian

First Review by Ghiribizzo

A little disappointed... - Edit

In Salzburg for a few days - we've been working our way around the vegetarian/vegan restaurants.
I'd looked at the map - yes, it is not so easy to find, located within the small crescent shaped building. Next to the Florist. The name is on the tall sign at the junction.
Unfortunately we could not get a choice of food. We could get Gazpacho (which was good) with some bread and a slice of cake. Also good.
What makes it 3/5?
Well - as you see in the photo, it is a tiny shop with only 3x '2 person' tables.
A lady who had been there a while finished her drink, then went into the staff part of the shop to a toilet. When my partner wished to use the toilet soon after, she was told 'no toilet'. After a while though, she was allowed to use it. I'm surprised at this. In Scotland, if people can sit and eat food, there must be a toilet available to wash your hands and also to well, go to the toilet!
Everywhere else has had no problem with the provision of a toilet. This seemed most odd.
As well as the food, we could have had fruit - but a bowl with sweets for sale seemed odd. Especially as they had large packets of Haribo Goldbären. They have gelatine in them. Not vegetarian.

Pros: Gazpacho, Cake

Cons: Only 6 people , No hand wash / toilet for customers.

Return to Salzburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Keimling closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2559 times since Aug 2007.