First Review by sarai

AMAZING! - Edit

This place is wonderful! A friend introduced me to it and I have been hooked on the salad and herb bread with the AMAZING caesar dressing! I loved it so much I brought my boyfriend and every time we are shopping out in Keene he has to stop by and pick up his herb bread and caesar dressing =) Very reasonable prices, great portions and very friendly staff!

Pros: Location, Price, Variety

Cons: Hours

excellent every time - Edit

I may be biased because I live in a town nearby. But I have been here many times over the years and it has always been wonderful. You get your food fairly quickly depending on how busy it is, and it can get packed. The staff is also very nice. I am a new vegetarian. But my friend has been one for years and she always is so excited about how many options they have. Although in regards to vegan options I do not know!

Pros: healthy, large portions, friendly staff

Not vegetarian place - Edit

Insulting selection of vegetarian - most salads contained meat. Staff not interested in accommodating customer needs. Best thing is the place is right along the main street and menu is easy to read on wall so you can quickly see it and leave.

Pros: good access, exit is nearby

Cons: meat salads, slow or no service, crowded tables and chairs

Huge portions, nice atmosphere - Edit

My boyfriend and I saw this place on Happy Cow and decided to give it a go. It's a fresh soup/salad place with a typical cafe setup - you order at the counter and bus your own tables. I had the "almost" vegan honey mustard white bean soup ("almost" because of the honey) and the chickpea ryeberry salad. The bf had the same soup and a sundried tomato and tofu sandwich.

We both loved our food - it was healthy, humongous!, and well-prepared. There is absolutely no need to order more than one item. I was fed for two meals since then! We also loved the bright casual feel, and were able to eat outdoors in the sunshine.

The place is very easy to navigate if you are a Lacto-Veg. More difficult from a vegan perspective, but the staff was very friendly, honest, and accommodating. My one wish is for more vegan options.

Pros: huge portions, healthy, friendly staff

Cons: little vegan variety

Return to Keene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Keene Fresh Salad Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1346 times since Aug 2007.