Kay'n Dave's - Culver City

• Veg-friendly
Contact 310-558-8100

9341 Culver Blvd (at Venice), Culver City, California, USA, 90232

Serves meat, vegan options available. California-style Mexican restaurant with locations in LA. Offers a vegan tamale, 2 soups, and several ovo-lacto vegetarian main courses. You can request vegan Daiya cheese for an added charge, as a substitute in place of dairy cheese. Spacious location in downtown Culver City, next door to the all vegan restaurant, Native Foods. Open daily.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

good vegan happy hour - Edit

Love the $3 margs at happy hour with free chips and salsa! You can get most items subbed with Daiya. I think it's a great option for vegans and vegetarians in Culver City.

Pros: daiya, happy hour prices

Downtown Culver City alfresco dining - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Kay'n Dave's review. Came here for lunch today.

This location is much bigger than their restaurants in Pacific Palisades (tiny) as well Brentwood. It's also newer. Large outdoor seating area, perfect for alfresco dining on a sunny day (downtown Culver City is almost always sunny).

The menu is extensive, and there are a good amount of veggie dishes; however they seemed all to be ovo-lacto veg, either with egg, dairy, or both.

Vegan Daiya cheese is offered but at extra charge. You could substitute the Daiya cheese for dairy cheese on almost all the lacto veg items.

The chips and salsa taste fresh and yummy, and they're complimentary. After you order, your server will bring you plenty of it.

My friend and I shared a small side salad, the grilled veggies burrito (sub. vegan cheese), and a tortilla soup. The burrito is huge and is enough for 2 to share. Overall, tasted okay (not super great but satisfying enough).

It's located right next door to Native Foods (all vegan restaurant).

Loved the Garden Burrito! - Edit

The Garden Burrito I had yesterday at lunch was one of the best 'wet' burritos I've ever eaten! Loved the green sauce, tons of onions, spinach, pinto beans, rice, sour cream, and guacamole! Was glad I didn't order a salad, though, because this burrito is of a very generous size! No need to use a knife with it, either, as the Garden Burrito is SO nice and moist. My partner really liked the Cantina Nachos.

Service was courteous and efficient and the atmosphere was pleasant. As it was a very hot day yesterday, we were thrilled that the air-conditioning was working perfectly and that most of the tables and booths were shielded from the sunlight.

I have no doubt we will be returning to Kay 'n Dave's on our next visit to Culver City!

Pros: scrumptious food, pleasant atmosphere, good service

Good place to go with friends - Edit

We've been to Kay n Dave's many times, both this newer location as well as the old now closed one on Pico. They never use lard, so no need to ask about that. Their menu has multiple vegetarian items and can easily be made vegan by omitting cheese and sour cream although I heard they have starting using Daiya, so I need to get back there soon! Their drinks are tasty and they have a nice happy hour with mini tacos that are vegan even! They have a great outdoor patio space as well as nice decor inside. We generally go when we are meeting non-vegan friends for dinner. It's one of the few non-vegan restaurants in LA we will go to although Dirk did once order the designer burrito and at the very end of it was a piece of beef. Yuck! Not happy! Except for that one incident, they have been very good to us and the place is always hopping. There's free 2 hour parking in the lot next to Trader Joe's.

Pros: great place with friends, vegan options, happy hour

Cons: serves meat and dairy

Return to Culver City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kay'n Dave's - Culver City closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1231 times since Jun 2011.