First Review by Labylala

Inviting atmosphere - Edit

After reading all the reviews we had to stop at Kaya's. The cafe is so cute and inviting, and staff were kind and friendly. We really needed bagels and cream cheese to go for the next day's breakfast, but that was an impossible concept, as the menu could only be "sandwiches" and not "bakery" items as we were told. We settled for kombucha to go, which was so delicious. We wouldn't stop again, but see it's a great place if you know you need a sandwich, coffee or kombucha.

Pros: Vegan and GF marked, Super awesome staff, Great roadside stop

Cons: Limited choices

great vegan pastries and sandwiches - Edit

I've been going to this shop for a couple years now and it is still one of my favorites on the island. They have a BLT that uses tempeh bacon and some locally made vegan mac nut cream cheese. I also always get the local kombucha on tap. Also if you are gf then the have pastries to accommodate you.

Pros: organic, great variety , local

Cons: parking

Great vegan options here! - Edit

If you are craving for some good vegan baked goods after surfing or snorkeling, Kaya's is the place to come! Highly recommend this place. Out of whole shelf of displayed baked goods, 40% are vegan and gluten free. Others are vegetarian & gluten free pastries and salads. Along with the tasty treats, we also ordered a vegan sandwich and hot coco with almond milk. The vegan pastries are super delicious. Would totally come back here again if we are close by!

Pros: variety of vegan options, friendly servers, chilled environment

Return to Kawanui Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kaya's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.