Kayak Kafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 912-233-6044

1 E Broughton St (at Bull St), Savannah, Georgia, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sample menu items such as tofu tacos, fresh salad, sandwiches, soups, and coffee. Located inside the entrance to a gym, casual with a nice atmosphere.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by navski

Great place to eat veg! - Edit

Ate here for dinner while visiting Savannah. Cute little place with friendly waitstaff. Has a few options for vegans. I had the tofu tacos and it was very spicy and delicious! If I'm ever in Savannah again, I will come here again!

Pros: excellent food, great waitstaff, nice atmosphere

Cons: more options for vegans

great choices - Edit

A lot of vegan/vegetarian choices here and the staff were knowledgable, offering information on what was vegan and what wasn't even when not prompted. I had the tofu tacos and they were amazing. Awesome corn flour tortillas and delicious, fresh ingredients. There are a lot of GF options here as well. Any sandwich or wrap can be made Gluten Free.

Pros: many vegan options, knowledgable staff, fresh ingr

Cons: inside the entrance to a gym, not many GF dessert options

Lots of great menu choices - Edit

I love this restaurant! I've had tofu tacos, which are so flavorful. My favorite choice is the vegetarian salad. It's HUGE and all of the vegetables are so fresh. The hummus is amazing and the house salad dressing is the best I've ever had. The other go to choice is the superfood salad. You can't go wrong with this restaurant!

Pros: fresh ingredients, lots of flavor

Cons: a little pricey

One of my favorites! - Edit

Kayak strives to use all organic ingredients, and the atmosphere is modern and pleasant. I usually order the Mexican Chicken Salad minus the chicken and dairy and add tofu. The salads are LARGE and wonderful! They recently added a vegan black bean burger to the menu. Thick tomato soup, guacamole...oh my gosh, I LOVE that place!

Pros: Flavorful, Outdoor seating, Friendly

Cons: Sometimes crowded

Lovely pet friendly place with good food - Edit

I ordered the tofu tacos and loved them. I just think that $11 is somewhat more than necessary; they are tacos after all. I really liked the fact that they also offered beer which I thought was surprising for a place like this. And it should be mentioned that the staff was lovely.

Pros: Pet friendly outdoor seating, great tacos, serve beer

Amazing food! - Edit

We ate here on December 24, 2012. We were looking for Thai food, but happened upon Kayak Kafe. We ordered the Vegetarian Salad and the Tofu Burritos. Both were amazing. The tofu burritos were the best thing I had ever tasted wrapped in a tortilla! The price was reasonable. We ate on the sidewalk, which was quite charming. The staff was very friendly.

Pros: excellent food, great location, friendly staff

Great find in Savannah - Edit

Great food, service, and options. The menu stated the kitchen would make anything vegan, so right off the bat, I felt at home. I had the Tofu and Veggie Quesadilla and my aspirational-vegan spouse had the Wild GA Shrimp and Avocado Quesadilla. Both were hot, tasty and were ready in no time. We were there late in the afternoon and the place was still crowded. Great option for groups with varying eating styles.

Pros: Selection, Service, Location

Yummy! Organic ingredients, raw and vegan options. - Edit

Just ate here today! Was great. I'm raw vegan mostly, so I appreciated the variety of salads. The rest of my family is mostly vegan, there was plenty to choose from. I liked the decor, very cool... atmosphere is important. Good service. Food was really good! My whole family was very happy. Great salads and guacamole, made fresh to order. They did a customized meal for my toddler, upon request. My husband, who is usually vegan will eat fish at times, and said the grilled tilapia taco were amazing. LOVED it! If we can't find anywhere else to go tomorrow, we'll eat here again!

Pros: Great food, Great decor/atmosphere, Great location

Cons: Small menu?, No specified veg, vegan, gluten free opt

fresh, healthy option in a veg-unfriendly town - Edit

I was relieved to find this place as food in Savannah is expensive and there seems to be no real vegetarian food in town and only one health food store. The prices are reasonable at Kayak and I ordered a vegetarian salad, which was large and so fresh and carefully prepared that I was in heaven. There aren't a ton of vegetarian choices, but there are a few and staff couldn't have been friendlier or more accommodating. Everything about the experience was very relaxed and positive and the location is right in the center of downtown on the main shopping street. The website doesn't have all the menu options and didn't say that dinner is offered, as this is recent, but we heard it mentioned and got lucky by stopping by to check out the place.

Pros: fresh, friendly, inexpensive

Cons: website not updated

Return to Savannah Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kayak Kafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5354 times since Oct 2010.