Kavarna Coffeehouse

Contact 920-430-3200

143 N Broadway, Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA, 54303

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers veggieburgers, wraps, salads, and soups. Vegan items are marked, and some non-vegan items can be made vegan upon request. Free wireless internet. Shares the same kitchen with its sister delicatessen, Parisi's, which serves meat. Reported no longer all veg as of Dec 2014. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Gluten-free, Non-veg

First Review by Rob Morris

Vegan Options - Edit

Definitely a go-to place for vegans in Green Bay. There aren't many places in the city where it's easy to find something to eat. Kavarna has several vegan options and plenty of vegetarian options that can be altered to make vegan. They also have vegan cupcakes and baked goods which is an even more rare Wisconsin find.

Not that friendly - Edit

I have been to Kavarna numerous times, however, the service is always disappointing. I find their staff to be a bit cold and distant which is the #1 reason I rarely go there.

Pros: Tasty vegetarian options

Cons: Horrible muffins, rarely cooked inside., Staff is cold/distant

Love it! - Edit

I appreciate being able to go to a restaurant & having real vegetarian options. The food here is so yummy. I especially enjoy the black bean burger with sweet potato fries. And the Rosewater Lemonade is so delicately delicious, my trip there wouldn't be complete without one.
Nice atmosphere.
Nice people.

Pros: great food, great building, great staff

Cons: Not as close to me as I'd like. ;)

Delicious and Family-Friendly - Edit

We went here last night after picking up some textbooks for my husband (a non-vegetarian). The food was amazing, and it was delivered to our table very quickly! I highly recommend the Squirrel's Burger, and my husband had the Black Bean Wrap. Even he admitted that it was really good- a high compliment from him when referring to vegetarian fare!

It's in a neat building- I like the charm of distressed-looking iron railings and diamond-plated stairs. Exposed piping in the ceiling and concrete floors add to the almost steampunk-like charm.

They have a little children's play corner, which we apprieciated. It's hard to get the two year old to sit still and be relatively quiet when he's stuck in a chair with nothing to do.

I don't remember seeing any entrees that cost more the $9, and they also offer a kid's menu. They have a Toddler Plate for less than $3 with a bunch of different finger foods. While the little one didn't care for the olives and chickpeas, once we gave him the sour cream from my husband's plate to dip it in, he ate it right up. I only wish that the animal crackers were served seperately. Should've taken them off his plate while he was still playing :-).

All in all, a fantastic cafe; we will be back!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 05, 2014

Pros: Great Value, Family-Friendly, Excellent food

Cons: Serve Meat During the Day

Amazing! - Edit

The food here is amazing! There are many options for people with specific dietary needs, and has a nice variety of options on the menu. The desserts that are served up front are delicious and the staff is some of the nicest people you will meet. If you don't feel like eating at the cafe you can always order "to go" and enjoy the meal at home.

Pros: Great Food, Service, Friendly atmoshere

Cons: The cafe can be a bit cold at times

Kavarna is no longer strictly vegetarian - Edit

Sorry to report that Green Bay has NO vegetarian restaurants available anymore. With the closing of Vita Rawstaurant, Kavarna remained the only purely vegetarian restaurant in North East Wisconsin until Kavarna opened its own meat-heavy deli ("Parisi's" http://parisisdeli.com/)at the same site.
Kavarna still has mediocre vegetarian food and fair-to-good bakery items. Coffee is "Alterra". Staff is very friendly.
A purist sorely disappointed!

Pros: vegetarian menu offered, downtown site, kid-friendly

Cons: not strictly vegetarian, mediocre food

webmaster 14 Mar 2012 - Hi Rob,
We just phoned them and the said that Kavarna is still all veg. Their place next door (Parisi's) is not though.

Kavarna: Green Bay's best vegan food! - Edit

With a menu featuring a variety of vegetarian and vegan options, Kavarna has established itself as the best place for us veg-heads to have breakfast, lunch or dinner. Located in Green Bay's historic Broadway district, Kavarna has been at the forefront of this area's reawakening.

The food is second to none and the coffee is out of this world. With Kavarna on the west-side and The Daily Buzz on the east-side, why anyone would go to Starbucks is beyond me.

Cheers!
Michael

Pros: many vegan options, Great coffee and coffee drinks, Friendly and knowledgeable staff

Return to Green Bay Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kavarna Coffeehouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.