Kauppayhtio

+358-163422422

Valtakatu 24, Rovaniemi, Finland, 96200

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burgers and fries place but has 2 vegetarian burgers, a beetroot & chevre burger and a tofu-avocado burger of which a vegan version available - tell staff you're vegan when ordering and they'll change the aioli to a vegan version. The burger bun isn't vegan but the gluten free bun is, you have to pay extra to get it. Could get any of the burgers on the menu with a tofu chickpea patty. Has salads, soymilk for coffee. Furniture is all second hand (and for sale). Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri 11:00am-3:00am, Sat 1:00pm-3:00am, Sun 1:00pm-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by enapari

Not the best place - Edit

I had high hopes for this restaurant. I went there with a friend and I ordered a tofu-avocado burger. First thing that made the experience bad, was that French fries and dip cost extra, where as in other restaurants it would be included with the burger. It wouldn't be such a big deal, if the burgers where 10€, but the burger itself already cost 14-16€.
Second thing that made experience bad was the waiting time. We had to wait our burgers for over an hour. It could probably have been avoided, if we would have been there in better time.
Last but nit least, the burger didn't taste good. Somebody might like it, but I didn't like it. Patty was weird and didn't even taste like tofu and it had only couple of pieces of avocado. It also had dill cucumbers instead of pickle and I personally hate dill cucumbers.
Good things: I liked the decorations and atmosphere of the restaurant. Also there vegan aioli was heavenly.

Pros: Nice atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

Good food and good vibe - Edit

I have been in a couple times for coffee and since for food while visiting Rovaniemi. The soy latte is great. The staff remembered I was vegan on a second visit for coffee so didn’t add the complimentary piece of chocolate onto my latte- which I appreciated :) When I went for dinner my mostly veg boyfriend and I (vegan) had the vegan avocado-tofu burger with mixed fries and vegan aioli. My boyfriend’s omni brother had the vegetarian beet root burger. We were all very happy with our meals. They serve beer/wine/drinks too which was a plus. The atmosphere is very cute and to add to the unique vibe they sell everything in the restaurant- by which I mean everything. If you want a chair, light, piece of art, whatever you see- you can buy it. There were also a lot of gender inclusive, anticapitalist, go vegan sorts of stickers left behind on the walls of the bathroom by former customers- which highlights the type of good people who hang there.

Pros: vegan burger, staff speak English, good armosphere

nice atmosphere and great fries - Edit

I had the tofu-avocado burger and fries with vegan aioli dip. The burger was good but not spectacular, the gluten free vegan bun was surprisingly good, the aioli is very tasty and the fries were perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! The staff was very helpful when I asked about the vegan options. This is propably my favorite restaurant/bar in Rovaniemi. It's a really nice place with great, relaxed atmosphere and interesting decoration. There's also a small skate/design boutique Hih-hi at the back of the restaurant. The kitchen might not be open as late as the bar on friday and saturday so if you want to eat, don't visit too late.

Pros: best fries in town, nice place, great atmosphere

Cons: not too many options

Return to Rovaniemi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kauppayhtio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.