Kati Thai Cuisine

Contact 256-467-4221

102-D Eble St, Gadsden, Alabama, USA, 35904

Serves meat, vegan options available. Off Interstate 59, this is one of the only places that makes veg food. Small, family-run Thai food restaurant. Uses fresh vegetables and could request tofu instead of meat in some of the main dishes. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-2:30pm, Tue-Thu 4:30pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Anita Good Meal

Fantastic! - Edit

Frankly, I didn’t know what to expect when I walked through the door, because the only Thai food I ever tried was once upon a time at one of those generic Asian-style buffet restaurants. But I wasn’t just pleasantly surprised on my visit to Kati Thai Cuisine in Gadsden. I was amazed at how good it is.

Kati is off the beaten path so it truly is a hidden gem, tucked away just off Noccalula Road at 102 Eble Street, about three miles east of Exit 188 on Interstate 59. Once you’ve been there, it’s a given that you’ll be back.

I started with an appetizer of Spring Rolls with sweet and sour sauce. Although you can get spring rolls at a lot of restaurants, what made these special is that they were hand rolled in-house as opposed to the frozen, packaged variety. They were perfectly crispy on the outside and chock-full of steamy veggies on the inside. For my main course, I ordered the Pineapple Fried Rice, and they didn’t flinch when I asked for it vegan-style with tofu. I opted for the sweet rice (made with coconut milk) for dessert, just because it sounded so intriguing. And yes, like everything else I tasted at Kati Thai Cuisine, it was a delicious discovery.

You can definitely taste the love in this food, and you’d expect to pay more for such high quality and personal attention to detail. But Kati is inexpensive, with $4-7 appetizers and $7-12 entrees. They welcome take out orders and prepare large party trays for catering. Just call (256) 467-4221 in advance. Although they don’t serve alcohol, customers are welcome to bring their own wine or beer and Kati will provide the glasses and ice.

Kati’s business hours are 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 4:30-9 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday; 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday. Be aware that they are closed on Mondays, because you don't want to be disappointed when your new cravings for Kati Thai Cuisine kick in.

And trust me, they will.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly, family-owned, Large portions, low prices

Return to Gadsden Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kati Thai Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 520 times since Oct 2014.