Kathmandu Restaurant

303-258-1169

110 N Jefferson St, Nederland, Colorado, USA, 80466

Serves meat, vegan options available. Nepali food menu, includes a vegetarian section. Vegans should inquire as dairy might be used in some dishes. Offers inexpensive daily buffet in addition to a la carte menu. Casual and colorful interior. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Nepalese, Non-veg

First Review by amandaro

Great place - Edit

We went here for the lunch buffet. There were lots of choices for vegans. All the dishes were marked as to what they were and whether they were diary free/egg free etc. The owner was very friendly and helpful.

Although they do have non vegan dishes, we were very happy with the amount of vegan choices and enjoyed it very much.

Pros: All vegan dishes marked, Lunch time all you can eat buffet very good price

Hearty vegan food after a long day of walking! - Edit

We stopped here on our way back from the mountains and were really pleased with the food, as well as the service and how fast we got everything. There is an entire vegetarian menu, which they are happy to make without dairy so there's lots to choose from. Recommend the mimo dumplings, mixed vegetable curry and saag tofu :)

Pros: Hearty and filling

Cons: Bit pricey

great buffet - Edit

We stopped in for lunch and had a tasty time. We enjoyed some nice flavorful food. Everything was labeled and the staff was helpful. The spicy cabbage was really good and hot and the mixed veggies were great!!

Pros: parking, nice variety of choices, well marked and helpful answers to questions

Cons: far from home:(

Good fuel for a hike. - Edit

Upon driving through Nederland on the way to a trailhead, my partner and I stopped here to fuel up. I was able to eat several things on the buffet. They were marked with 'dairy free' and 'gluten free' signs. I did ask the server which items had egg included, which was only two out of the ten or so vegan options. Most of them were also gluten free. I was pleased with the meal. Their jalapeno cabbage was INCREDIBLE.

Great Buffet - Edit

I've gone here several times over the years when visiting Colorado. They have a large lunch buffet with many vegan options (including a second saag dish which is vegan versus the one with paneer). Note that they appear to always have the same dishes in the buffet (versus some restaurants which have different dishes on different days). Nice ambiance (well, you're in Nederland, after all!) and friendly staff.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 10, 2015

Pros: large buffet, many vegan items, clean, friendly, good food, etc.

Cons: not 100% vegetarian

Delicious food-friendly accommodating staff. - Edit

We visited this restaurant for my birthday dinner after a glorious day of hiking. The food was soooo good and the waitstaff was really friendly and happy to guide us toward vegan options. The prices were very reasonable and it was a great experience overall. We really enjoyed and will be back!

Return to Nederland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kathmandu Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.