First Review by Travel201486

Nice Nepali meal - Edit

After more than a week in Japan eating small and expensive-ish meals, or cold Onigiri's: it was nice to get a hot, large meal for quite cheap. The Nan bread is HUGE! It's a bit sweeter than I am used to, and not oiled and salted. The rice is Japanese rice (there is a near 800% tariffs on foreign rice into Japan, so no surprise that they opt for the short-grain domestic varieties). Service is fast, set dishes are LARGE. I could barely finish the 2 curries, giant naan, soup, samosa, rice, salad and Nepali tea. We went again and got a lunch set with was one curry, giant nan, salad, and soup added in on the house, with Nepali tea. Food is not vegan, there are dairy products used, though if you are a flexi vegan, I'd recommend trying. The butter, or dairies they use, make the food taste very rich, and just pleasant. I paid 1260 for the large diner with two curries, and 760 for the lunch. The tea is perhaps the best indian tea I got. I'd recommend it. It's just so nice to get a nice big meal after a long time, and worth every penny. They speak english as well, and it's cool to experience a the Japanese manners from Nepalis.

Pros: Large meals, Very cheap, Very yummy

Cons: Not vegan, Bad interior design, with beer posters, beer posters with girls in bikinis

Nice vegetarian curries - Edit

I have to admit I don't really know how Nepalese cuisine differs from Indian, but I'd say this is great place for a curry, with several options for vegetarians. I chose a set menu that included a really good samosa, two curries, soup, rice, salad, huge Naan. I don't remember the price but it was definitely not expensive.
The staff was friendly, an English menu is available, and the place is very easy to find just opposite the train station with rather large signs on the windows.

Great vegetarian food-highly recommended - Edit

The food was really delicious!! Lots of vegetarian food to choose from. The chef is super helpful, friendly and his English is great.
Good alternative to Japanese food.
It is a 2 minute walk from the central exit from the station, go straight ahead, pass the traffic light and it is the second place on the right side.

Pros: Great value for money, Cozy place, Super friendly

Return to Matsumoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kathmandu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.