First Review by ssujh1

A Lovely Family Restaurant - Edit

I've been to Kastoori several times and always leave looking forward to my next visit. Better service and nicer atmosphere than any of the other Asian restaurants on this street - and there are many! Pure vegetarian, and vegan options (about half the menu) are marked with an asterisk. If it's not too busy and you ask nicely some of the non-vegan options (like the paratha, and some of the curries) can be "veganised" to order. Even if you aren't vegetarian, Kastoori makes a lovely change from some of the predictable menus that you find at Asian restaurants in London.

Pros: fresh and lovingly prepared ingredients, original family recipes, friendly service

Cons: a bit off the "beaten track"

Great place - Edit

We eat here a lot and the menu gets boring after a time despite the rotating specials but the food is great. The vegetable curry of the day is always nice. Gujarati Thali means you can try and variety of different things (and all vegan) and chilli banana curry is great (though not on every day). They are a bit funny if you don't book at busy times though. However we have always got a table.

Pros: Good food, Vegan friendly, Varied menu

Cons: Book at busy times, Gets boring if you go a lot

Great little restaurant - Edit

Went here on the recommendation of a non-vegetarian indian friend of mine. My vegetarian husband and I (non-vegetarian) really enjoyed our meal here. I had one of the Puri dishes for starters (the waiter was really helpful in explaining how to eat them, even though i'd had them before!) and my hubby had the chilli paneer which was of an ample size, with plenty of sauce.

We had the vegetable ball curry for mains which was pretty hot, and a a paneer parcel curry in a coconut and cashew nut sauce which was less hot but the two dishes complemented each other well.

There are no nan breads on the menu, but chapattis are advised instead. The table next to us had dosas and they looked Huuuuge!!

As with the previous review you did get a feeling this was a family run restaurant, nothing fussy i.e. no fancy cutlery, but the food speaks for itself.

The house white wine was very drinkable too!

Very pleasurable experience and i'm sure we'll be back with a group of mates soon. Tooting is brimming with curry houses so its great to know where you're heading rather than being blinded by choice when you hit the high street.

Pros: tasty food, not too pricey, family run

Cons: plain decor

Amazing! - Edit

I have not had a bad meal here. Their food is all amazing. The banana curry is just fabulous, although with rotating daily specials it won't always be available. It's a fmaily run restaurant and you really do feel that what you are eating is what they eat back home.

Pros: Yummy, Banana Curry, friendly staff

Return to South West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Kastoori closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 381 times since Aug 2007.