First Review by bencamps

Food, glorious food! - Edit

Within the old centre of the city, Karrotka is well worth checking out. On two consecutive days I tried their vegan pierogi (dumplings) and pieczen- both were delicious, substantial and remarkably inexpensive, and come with a choice of 3 salads and sauce. Vegan and gluten-free alternatives are clearly marked on their blackboard (the menu is almost entirely vegan as far as I could tell). The staff were very friendly and understanding (this stupid Englishman has only a few words of Polish) and the atmosphere is very relaxed. If like me you find Torun's tribute to Copernicus somewhat underwhelming, make Karrotka the centre of your orbit instead- you won't be disappointed.

Pros: Great food, Lovely staff, Very reasonable

Very Vegan Friendly :-) - Edit

Visited on 6th September 2012. Karrotka was a welcome find when I visited Torun. There was a large menu, most of which was vegan and although written in Polish the friendly girl behind the counter was able to explain everything. I had the goulash, my friend had the tortilla which was a burrito (see picture). Both meals came with 3 types of salad of your choice. We both had health boosting juices due to the hangovers we were suffering... The food was healthy, tasty and satisfying. The place is bright and modern. Well worth a visit.

Return to Torun Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Karrotka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1186 times since Aug 2012.