Karma Kitchen Cafe

• ( 42 reviews )

Indian restaurant featuring a Punjabi themed daytime menu and an authentic curry and thali evening menu. Vegan wines and cocktails, fresh fruit juices and specialist teas. Full range of desserts and cakes.
Note May 2020: open for local and nationwide delivery, see Facebook page for details. Open Mon-Fri 16:00-22:00, Sat-Sun 14:00-22:00.

Categories: Vegan, Indian, Delivery, Fusion, Punjabi

First Review by LiamWright

AnikaSchäfer

Points +214

10 Oct 2021

Delicious

Absolutely delicious, also very friendly. We had a spread of 4 different starters and two mains, all of which were well done and delicious - especially happy to get a vegan yogurt sauce for once!
At the date of this review, the place only does delivery or take away.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Absolutely delicious

smyalygames

Points +17

08 Oct 2021

Best Indian food I have ever had

It was the best Indian food that I have ever tried and now one of my favourite restaurant to go to. I was pleasantly surprised by how packed of flavour the veggie samosa and tofu tikka masala had.

Pros: Amazing flavours

DeannaElliott

Points +86

25 Aug 2021

Gorgeous food

Had food from here a few times and it’s always been lovely! So many flavours and a great menu!

Elvie

Points +151

19 Aug 2021

If you want a great curry...

This place just sells great curry that happens to be vegan. I’ve taken carnivores there who’ve really enjoyed it. The aubergine curry is a highlight!

Updated from previous review on 2019-04-30

Pros: Great curry , Good value , Friendly, family run place

Vegan_Elf

Points +662

14 Aug 2021

Amazing!

Best curry I've had ever!! I ordered the Seitan Dahl with rice, it was brilliant. The staff were all really friendly, the prices were all good and the atmosphere was really nice and relaxing.
This is an upstairs restaurant so could be difficult to get to if you have long term mobility health problems.

Updated from previous review on 2020-01-19

Pros: Good food at good prices., Nice staff., City Centre location.

Cons: No disabled/wheelchair access to restaurant.

Schulie

Points +110

05 Mar 2021

Good Karma

Ordered a heat and eat takeaway, having meant to try this place since it opened as a restaurant. All I can say is wow! The food from Karma Kitchen smelled delicious and didn't disappoint at all - full of flavour, just fantastic! Brilliant to enjoy a vegan Indian meal and with some beautiful cakes afterwards too!
It also came with complimentary poppadoms and four dips.
I will definitely visit the restaurant for a night out when the endless lockdowns are over!

Pros: All vegan menu, Reasonably priced, Cakes!

annahunter80

Points +108

11 Nov 2020

The best

I order from Karma Kitchen frequently. The food is amazing. They cater very well for dietary requirements (lots of gluten free and nut free options, including naan).

You won't find better curries anywhere. I also love the tandoori pizzas, they're a real treat!

AbiM

Points +2500

30 Oct 2020

Naan bread!

The chai or the turmeric latte are wonderful- also the onion bhaji is nicely spiced. Great to enjoy naan bread again! Starters looked like something was missing off the plate- large gap in the centre if the plate!! Food on pne side and salad on the other!! Curry portions seemed a little small for my liking (but my partner who was also drinking beer was full) and although hot when it came out, seemed to cool quickly in the special bowls. Food nicely spiced but could be stronger for our liking. Teas take 10 minutes to brew properly in the kitchen, but they are well worth it. Hard to catch the waitress’s eye although they were not overly busy.

Oct 2020: enjoyed takeaway delivery very much

Pros: Chais brilliant , Naan bread!

Cons: Handwash isn’t “leaping bunny”

mariamc27

Points +449

20 Sep 2020

Delicious

We got a delivery and it was delicious! Nearly too spicy for my boyfriend who can handle Lots of chilli-which is a good thing! Banana blossom fish and no waste cauliflower to die for

Pros: Amazing selection , Great flavour

MollyCochrane

Points +28

01 Sep 2020

BEST takeaway

Incredible and reliable, so fresh and so many flavours. I love how much choice there is. Had the korma twice already and I just love it, been working my way through the menu, everything is just so good!!

Pros: All vegan and so many choices , Korma Curry is so delish, One of a kind

skipj57

Points +304

05 Aug 2020

Delicious Indian

Best curry we’ve had!

Pros: Very authentic , Clean and delicious , Great value for money

Cons: Nil

Guest

04 Aug 2020

Kept us going during lockdown!

KK has long been a favourite of ours - it’s a lovely restaurant run by a lovely family - and I can highly recommend Karma Boxed for fresh tasting and delicious food delivered to your doorstep. We treated ourselves a few times during lockdown and were always delighted and with the generous portions and lovely flavours. It was easy to heat from frozen and fun to choose which combinations to have. It’s hard to pick a favourite as it’s all so tasty!

Karma food is always enjoyable and really satisfying. I wish we lived closer to be able to enjoy takeaways and also the amazing cakes made by Meera! We will be back to dine in as soon as they reopen but in the mean time we will continue to enjoy the impressive variety of authentic, tasty Indian food on offer through Karma Boxed and I would very much recommend that you try it!

Pros: Absolutely delicious food , Family-run restaurant , Delivers frozen potions nationwide

KathrynBraid

Points +18

09 Jun 2020

Food to warm the vegan soul

I ordered takeaway and it was the best vegan cuisine I have tasted in a very long time! I ordered Tofu Pakora, Tempeh do piaza, Peshwari Naan and Peshwari Rice (I went crazy with peshwari) and I regret nothing! It was so wondeful to have Naan bread and Pakora again (not often vegan). And the portion sizes were very generous (leftovers for days!) I was very happy and good Karma all round for this cafe!

Pros: All vegan, Generous portions, Delicious!

Cons: Nothing!

catherine650

Points +56

20 May 2020

What a find....

Spur of the moment date night last year to the theatre and we chose here, via happy cow, for our food beforehand. The service was great, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful and the food absolutely delicious. Best dips I’ve tasted vegan or otherwise. Naan bread was a taste sensation. We have since been back as a larger group and as a couple for the happy hour tonight - always delicious and great value for money. Can’t wait to go back and try the thali deals.

Pros: All vegan options , Friendly, knowledgeable. Helpful staff

StevieSurf

Points +1440

06 Mar 2020

Entirely vegan Indian restaurant

This has a lovely home cooking Punjabi feel to it. First floor restaurant in central Newcastle. Modern decor and friendly staff in a popular place. Extensive menu and a good variety. I delighted in a starter with their thali deal before skipping across the road to the opera. I’ll be back.

Pros: Home cooked flavours , Generous portions, All vegan Indian restaurant!

SueStewart

Points +18

18 Feb 2020

Great Indian Food

Gorgeous food. Loads of choice. 100‰ vegan. Lovely staff.

Pros: Food quality, Food choice, Staff

Cons: Not noticeable from outside, No decaf coffee

vegan_jay

Points +61

21 Jan 2020

Delicious

Very happy with my visit here, good food and good atmosphere.

Pros: Many vegan options, Relatively well priced

andrewne

Points +27

25 Dec 2019

Takeaway

Ordered a takeaway for delivery very tasty cooked well can’t wait to order again found a nice takeaway and restaurant offering great food in Newcastle

Updated from previous review on 2019-12-25

veganpat

Points +23

Mostly Veg
10 Nov 2019

10/10

all food we ordered was absolutely delicious. probably best vegan indian restaurant i have ever been to . go here you wont regret .

hack_man

Points +18336

06 Oct 2019

Lookin' for soul food and a place to eat

Very pleased to get here during its first week of opening as a restaurant in November 2018. Whilst still finding it’s feet, the place was packed out on the inaugural Saturday night. We had tofu pakora to start followed by the legendary seitan madras and a vegetable korma as main courses. Both extremely enjoyable and flavoursome dishes. There were lashings of rice, beer, wine and water as well as great company. A return visit in January 2019 for the £10pp Thali sharing deal followed by a fabulous takeaway experience in October of the same year has prompted me to revisit my original review and knock it another cow up to the max. I’d fully recommend the pickle tray with popadoms and world class onion bhajjs by the way.

Pros: great curries, friendly , good value

Absenc

Points +36

29 Sep 2019

Amazing dining expe

Best Indian food ever and everything’s vegan. I highly suggest cashew korma, it was definitely the highlight of our meal

Pros: All vegan, Great staff, Amazing food

LaurenMcElwaine

Points +15

Vegetarian
25 Sep 2019

Top notch grub!

Delicious food, relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff!! All round amazing!

Pros: Lots of selection! , Very reasonable

GraceHammy

Points +86

07 Sep 2019

Amazing and dog friendly!

My favourite place to eat in Newcastle!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Brilliant food, Lovely staff

ThePorridge

Points +124

15 Aug 2019

Delicious food and great value

We really enjoyed our meal at Karma - the curry was delicious, freshly cooked and healthy. The naan bread was fresh and fluffy and simply the best I’ve ever had! They also had homemade kombucha😄Also, the lady who served us was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. I would really recommend this place!

Pros: Delicious, fresh and healthy food, Great value, Relaxed atmosphere

KarenClachar

Points +19

Vegetarian
23 Jul 2019

Love the food

Loved this food so much

Pros: Great food , Great customer service

KirstyBrettell

Points +106

21 Jul 2019

Delicious food and lovely owner.

We had the Thali for Two, which was great value. The Dal and the Seitan Bhuna were our favorite, absolutely delicious! The owner came and spoke to us after, she was lovely and friendly too. Nice restaurant and food.

Pros: All Vegan, Good Value and choice, Authentic Indian food

RachaelCutmore

Points +70

10 Jul 2019

Always amazing

This place is my go to for vegan indiam food in Newcastle, sooo tasty. The staff are also so friendly!

Return to Newcastle Upon Tyne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Karma Kitchen Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.