Karma Cream

Contact 352-505-6566

1025 W University Ave, Gainesville, Florida, USA, 32601

Organic ice cream shop offering both dairy and non-dairy (with soy and rice milk) flavors. Also serves baked treats, sandwiches, coffee and beverages. Free Wi-Fi and local art exhibited on the wall. Mon-Fri 9:00am-1:30am, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-1:30am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by CarlyandElle

Night-time ice-cream dreams - Edit

I really wanted ice cream one night and accidentally ordered way too much here because the portions were more generous than I thought. But at least it was non-dairy? Can't wait to go back.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-22

Pros: great value, good selection, open late

Wonderful sweet stuff! - Edit

We went on Saturday and it was pretty busy with only two employees trying to make sandwiches and wait on customers. The lady in line in front of me was impatient but it was clear the two were hustling and doing the best they could. The baked goods were all vegan and most of the ice cream was as well. I had a milk shake with almond milk that was fantastic. Omnivores in my group raved about the vegan ice cream sandwich and sundaes. A nice place. Maybe need more people at peak times.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-06

Great vegan ice creams - Edit

Karma Cream is a neat little shop that has a great selection of vegan (and non-vegan ice creams). The vegan case is marked and has just as many flavors as the non-vegan case. They also have coffee and espresso drinks, vegan baked goods and a selection of vegan sandwiches. I've tried both the vegan ice cream and espresso and they were both great! The ice cream is nice and creamy. Prices are very reasonable.

Pros: Great vegan ice cream, Coffee, espresso & tea

delicious food & tea - Edit

I got a peanut butter-vegan marshmallow-banana sandwich and my girlfriend got the vegan reuben. They were both amazing, the Reuben especially so (creamy and savory and awesome). There is a selection of vegan baked goods and really good quality tea. The seating is nice and so is the service. Their only fault is that they're not open for late hours.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 07, 2014

Pros: delicious food, nice seating with wifi, tasty vegan desserts

Indulgence - Edit

While traveling in business, I needed a quick dinner and a reward for a Long day. After hunting down parking in a location with only street parking (free after 5 PM and allowed to park in resident area after 4 PM), I was pleasantly greeted on at Karma Cream. Its a cute facility with sandwiches and lots of sweets. There isn't a lot of healthy food choices here and no gluten free bread but they had a gluten free cookie and ice cream. The staff explained that the gluten free bread wasn't requested often enough to stay fresh. I minimized my gluten intake by opting for the curried chickpea and "chicken" wrap (sprouted whole wheat). it was very good and tasted like my memory of an egg salad sandwich. Prices are very good here. I added on a tea and 2 scoop vegan ice cream for only about $13. The cherry amaretto vegan ice cream is yummy!

Pros: Vegan options, Eco and fair trade conscious, Price and cute factor

Cons: Parking, Lack of gluten bread options, Missing veggies

I LOVE this place! - Edit

We have gone there about once a week since arriving in Florida for the winter. Tons of great vegan options....and LOVE the atmosphere. The only thing that would make this place better is having only vegan ice cream. There is really no reason to have the dairy ice cream when all the vegan choices are incredible. One day I hope they are all vegan....for even better Karma :)

Pros: vegan ice cream parlor!, Great vegan sandwiches and cupcakes., Easy atmosphere and our dog was allowed!

Cons: Serves some dairy ice creams...

YUMM! - Edit

They have a section for dairy and vegan ice cream. About 10 flavors each. The menu offers vegan cookies, dairy and nondairy coffee and latte. The vegan ice creams were yummy. They also have light vegan meals, such as vegan grilled cheese sandwich with Daiya cheese. The decore, we pleasant. It is within walking distance to UF.

Pros: yummy vegan ice cream, pleasant decor, good choices

Cons: small

Simple but delicious - Edit

My husband who is a bit of a Reuben connoisseur rated his sandwich as excellent. The kids loved their vegan fluffernutters ($5). My vegan chic'n wrap with hummus ($6) was also very good. All of these items were simple and we could easily have made them ourselves if we weren't on the road. The vegan ice cream was a nice treat as it was a new experience to walk into a place with dozens of different vegan flavors to choose from.

Pros: friendly service, hit with kids, late hours

Awesome vegan selection - Edit

This place rocks! Vegan ice cream in FL at it's best. Kudos for using plates and glasses, even real spoons to try the samples which is why I give them 5 stars. Go Gators, go eco-warriors!

Pros: Yummy Vegan Selections, Eco friendly business!

So sad - Edit

I really wanted to like this place.
They were barely able to answer our questions regarding ingredients, and then ignored us and served other customers who had walked in after us. I had looked forward to a nice dessert and ended up leaving the place disappointed and without having dessert.

OMG! Thought I died and went to ice cream heaven - Edit

Cute little shop that has a wonderful little collection of ice creams, at least ten of which are vegan. We tried them all, but we were determined to have a milk shake. I had one made with s'mores ice cream, while my husband had one made with peach cobbler. Don't even ask about how orgiastically delicious they were. My only complaint - the food is labor intensive, so it makes no sense having only one person tending the shop. Either update the equipment or hire one other person to man the shop. Otherwise, worth the trip for sure!

Pros: Food, Price, Location

Cons: Understaffed

YUM - Edit

So much fun to be able to go out and get a VEGAN sundae :) See all kinds of cupcakes advertised on their FB page, but never have any when I get there :( they must be good! Love the vegan candy bars too - this place is soo bad for my diet but oh so good!!

Pros: vegan goodies!

A Healthfood Vegan's Nightmare - Edit

How's a person supposed to reap the rewards of being Vegan with a place like this in their town? OMG, to be able to eat a hot fudge sundae with bananas, whipped cream, and nuts again!!!! Yep, and it's VEGAN! Heaven help me!!! They tempt me with delicious vegan cupcakes with their frequent facebook posts, and to make matters worse...they use organic, high quality ingredients that taste so good you just want to spit anyone else's nasty, pasty, white flour, nothing but sugar with no flavor or substance cupcakes out of your mouth, should you ever think you could stray. This is one of those places like Sublime in Ft. Lauderdale...you go there, you're in heaven, and you just don't know how to feel about it afterward. Are you grateful because you had this wonderful experience OR do you feel cursed because you only get to eat their on a rare occasion, and when you can't you obsess about it? Well when it comes to Karma Cream, I live in Gainesville, so na-na, na, na-na! Oh, and as for the health aspect: If you're going to indulge, do you really think you're up for the challenge to practice some self-restraint?

Pros: LOTS of Vegan Selections, Delicious, Good Value

Cons: Addictive, Tempting, Will Make you Obsess

Delicious! - Edit

I love Karma Cream! There are tons of vegan options, and it is really yummy! It's also a nice atmosphere for relaxing, reading, or meeting friends. They have coffee, ice cream, toppings, cookies, and lots of other goodies.

Return to Gainesville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Karma Cream closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3655 times since Feb 2011.