First Review by amysaundersbigelow

Sadly very disappointed - Edit

I wanted to love Karma ChaMEALeon, sadly they disappointed on all three occasions I visited. I have tried the Jerk Tacos, Philly Cheese steak and the veggie burger. Each item was over priced for a small portion and low quality. Taste wasn't there, the cheese steak was exceptionally oily, slimy and salty, don't get me started on the gross "cheese" sauce. The Jerk tacos were very small, and not spicy, they are also not served with a side. The Veggie burger was standard,and below average in taste, this was the only item suitable in portion size. The only item I did enjoy was the Rosemary French Fries, again the portion was underwhelming. I wanted to give Karma Chamealeon, a fair chance and tried them three times. After being severely disappointed each time and seeing little value, I will not return. Would rate 1 star if allowed.

Pros: Vegan options, food truck at local events

Cons: Food quality, poor taste, over priced, small portions

delicious - Edit

They have something for everyone, i would for sure recommend for introducing omnis to veg food so good! doesnt look 'vegan' but the best part is , it is! 100% cruelty free delicious truck food, cant go wrong. i highly recommend the philly cheese steak.

Pros: amazing food

Cons: pricey

Not good - Edit

I was very excited to eat something from Karma food truck, but was very disappointed with the food, price and portion. If I could rate this a one, I would.

Pros: It is the only vegan food truck

Cons: Tasteless food, Expensive, Small portion

My First Veggie Food Truck Experience - Edit

I love food trucks and I love good vegetarian food. So this was the best of both worlds!! I had the Philly cheese steak sandwich which I believe was made of seitan. Melt in your mouth good! And the rosemary fries were a great side! I will keep my eye out for this truck in the future!

Sadly Underwhelmed - Edit

I was so excited to FINALLY make it to Karma Chameleon. However, when I got there my friend and I had to wait FOREVER for them to re-open. It took a while to get the food out even though there were only two customers (counting myself). But, I was so excited I didn't mind any of that until I got my food. I ordered the mini-cupcake trio and I found hair in the icing as soon as I opened the box. I walked back and told the man working. He checked, acted like he didn't see it until I pointed it out then all he did was offer me one without hair in it. It was truly disgusting and when you pay that kind of money for three tiny cupcakes and find hair, you should be offered some sort of compensation, but I wasn't. I also ordered the Jamaican Jerk Tacos. They were truly disgusting. I couldn't even eat more than half of one. They didn't taste like jerk at all. It was all overwhelming heat and no flavour. I am so disappointed as I wanted very much for the first vegan truck here to do well, but I doubt I will return.

Pretty good - Edit

I got to try some food from here when they visited the Vegetarian Food Fest in Toronto.

I had the cheesesteak sandwich. The steak strips were very nice, but I felt like there were hardly any onions and cheese sauce on the sandwich. The coleslaw that came with it was good.

I would like to try some more items from this food truck if I ever happen to be in Hamilton, or if they start visiting more cities. I will update my review as I try more items.

Unfortunately the portions are a bit small and the prices are not too great. If I remember correctly, my sandwich and coleslaw was $9.

Pros: Good food, Rotating menu, always different options

Cons: Expensive, Small portions

Finally!!!!! A Vegan Food Truck! - Edit

We finally had an opportunity to try their delicious fare at Holy Food Truck which takes place in a church parking lot in Ancaster, Ontario every Tuesday evening. Though there were all sorts of trucks, we made a point of visiting this truck only.
The staff was friendly and inviting. Service was prompt and the food was excellent.
We tried the Taquito Dog which is a veggie dog wrapped in a tortilla and deep fried. Served on a fresh bun with a pico de gallo sauce, it was a delicious and interesting treat. The Philly Cheeze Steak sandwich was smothered in carmelized onions and vegan cheese sauce on a fresh hoagy and I would defy anyone to know they weren't eating meat. Simply awesome! A choice of fries or slaw complements the sandwich. We chose the fresh cut fries and weren't disappointed. We also tried the Po' Boy Sandwich which contained deep fried tofu, lettuce and tomatoes, on a fresh toasted bun smothered in sauce. The slaw was tangy and crisp and worked very well with this dish. We also included the Quinoa Salad which tasted fresh, healthy and delicious. All in all, a great experience. The food was tasty. The prices were fair and our whole meal cost $28.00. We can't wait till next Tuesday!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy

Cons: Not always at the same location, No seating.

Wonderful welcome to Hamilton! - Edit

This is an all vegan food truck. They park at various places around the Hamilton area. They post their weekly schedule here: https://www.facebook.com/karmachamealeon

Since they source local ingredients, the menu changes. We loved the Philly Cheezesteak and Po'Boy, both with coleslaw. They were $7 and $8. Hot dog and fries for $6. Quinoa salad for $5.

The owners/operators were friendly and looking to increase the healthy options in Hamilton and to encourage local food consumption. They also use only compostable containers and utensils and cart their waste and separate recycling container off with them when they leave.

Food is made to order and takes a few minutes. Cash only.

Pros: tasty food, good variety, friendly owners

Cons: a little pricey, changes location daily

Return to Hamilton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Karma ChaMEALeon - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3829 times since Jun 2013.