Karma Cafe

Contact 65600576

Calle Napo 138, Iquitos, Peru,

Serves meat, vegan options available. This place is furnished with comfortable sofas and has Wi-Fi, frequented by foreigners and travelers. Offers coffee, juices, cocktails, Thai and Indian curries, library, games and inspirational music. Vegans need to specify as chooses might be few.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Franz Huckleberry

great food - slow service - Edit

I would give 4 stars for the food - filling - large quantities and many options - however the service is incredible slow. I ordered a vegetarian dish. they asked me many times (after 2 hours of waiting) if I ordered vegetarian. I said yes. they brought out a dish with chicken.. I returned it.. they brought another with chicken. also brought my friend a burger of fish when she ordered a falafel burger.

Great variety and cosy spot - Edit

I went back here a couple of times during my visit to Iquitos - great atmosphere, great range of food, live music in the evenings, and great for me as my travelling buddy could eat meat while i found delicious vegan food. More expensive than the local cafes (this one is definitely oriented toward foreign tourists) but good value and very worthwhile.

NOTE: address is correct however the map location is wrong, for some reason google maps places it way on the other side of the square when actually it's just between the Plaza and the water. I spent a hot afternoon searching for this place and then stumbled upon it by accident. I will try and submit a correction for the location.

Also, it's a shame I can only give it 4 stars (this is a happy cow policy for a non-all vegan restaurant) because in a town with very limited vegetable options, this place is a very welcome discovery.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 23, 2014

Pros: Variety of excellent food, Nice atmosphere, English spoken by friendly staff

Cons: More expensive than other food options, Only couple of fans - can get warm!

Return to Iquitos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Karma Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 971 times since Nov 2011.