Kanaan

Kopenhagener Str. 17, Berlin, Germany, 10437

Est. Sept 2015 Kanaan offers casual dine-in as well an express for takeaway just across the street. Offers hummus plates, chickpeas and falafel, soups, and cakes. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Catering, Middle Eastern, Israeli

First Review by Yasminesan

Can't fault it! - Edit

We went as a group of 4 and ordered a combination of dishes to satisfy us. We made it known that there were vegans in our group and the staff were happy to accommodate us in that respect. The tea was delicious and is refillable, to top it off, they even came out to our table to top our drinks (without asking), something I've never experienced here in Berlin.

Needless to say, the food was amazing and we'll definitely be coming back. Highly recommended! :)

amazing food but questionable service - Edit

The food here is hands down amazing. Delicious hummus and salads and breads (try the Yemeni flat breads, you won't regret it...), fresh and hot pita (best I've ever had), and good dips.

Downsides are that the service was mixed - first time I went with an Israeli friend and the service was slow but friendly and accommodating. The second time I went with a European friend and it was more hostile and the chefs really didn't want to tweak the dish to our dietary requirements. In the end they made something work and it WAS delicious.

Atmosphere is a bit cold and sparse. Sometimes they're closed for zero reason.

Pros: food quality , food quantity , menu variety

Cons: service, opening times, atmosphere

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kanaan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.