Kamakshi's Kitchen

• Friend
Contact 650-401-6564

601 Old Country Rd, San Carlos, California, USA, 94070

Full-service vegetarian Indian restaurant featuring a daily changing menu which is posted on its facebook. Specialty is North and South Indian cuisine as well as offering Indo-Chinese and other international flavors. Brunch is served on weekends til 3pm. Moved here from San Mateo since spring 2014. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Catering, Indo-Chinese

First Review by steelriver

Best South Indian Restaurant I've Been To...Period - Edit

I've eat a lot of dosa, from Toronto to NYC, Jersey and San Francisco.

This is the best I've ever had, and the rest of the menu is just perfect...lassi's never taste watered down and you get two parathas with the paneer tikki masala. Right outside San Carlos caltrain makes it perfect to stop at on the commute home. It's nice and clean and there is always good music playing.

I would take my parents here and would have no trouble telling them that they are about to have the perfect dosa.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 15, 2016

Pros: Tasty, Clean

best indan ever! - Edit

I have eaten here many times and every time i find something new and incredibly tasty! I am a big lover of spicy foods, and these guys can really bring it. Since it is 100% vegetarian i never have to worry about any animal products. And the owners are SOO nice!
You have to try this place - you will NOT be dissapointed. My advice would be to order from the southern Indian menu as its nice and spicy, and if you ever see the Gobi Manchurian dish, run dont walk there and get it!!

Return to San Carlos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kamakshi's Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4149 times since Jan 2012.