Kam Yan Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 03-8994-2298

6-1, Jalan SP2/4, Taman Serdang Perdana, Seri Kembangan, Malaysia, 43300

South City shopping mall outside the second row of shophouses. Hours: 8am-8pm. Name in Chinese: 感恩素食館. Chinese Directions: 南城購物中心外面的第二排店屋. 自助素餐、中餐﹐早上有素點心。初一、十五有時會有貴人贊助素食﹐可以免費享用自助素餐.

Category: Chinese, Buffet

First Review by cykim82

Top sweet and sour 'pork'! - Edit

My partner and I love this place, mostly because they serve the most convincing sweet and sour 'pork' that we've ever tasted (apparently it's made from mushrooms). I also really enjoyed the claypot eggplant and the monkey head mushroom dish. The yam ring/basket was also pretty good - I was so thrilled to find this on a vegetarian menu as I've only ever seen yam rings filled with meat! I really like that this place serves a lot of the food you would find at a standard Chinese restaurant in Malaysia, but it's fully vegetarian (and most if not all is vegan - there may be egg in some of the mock meats but I am yet to get a clear answer on this since I don't speak any Mandarin/Cantonese and not all of the staff understand English). There are pictures of all of the menu items, so ordering is never a problem.

I have always found the service to be friendly, and although the restaurant can be pretty quiet/empty, this has never put me off.

We usually pay around rm40 for 3 dishes, rice and Chinese tea. I think this is reasonable since the food is cooked to order and the portions are a good size.

Pros: extensive mostly vegan menu

Bad service - Edit

Bad customer service and overly priced.
There are several occasions that customers find worms in their food.
Personally I found a tiny cockroach in my food.

Pros: Air conditioned

Cons: Bad customer service, Overly priced, Dirty kitchen

Return to Seri Kembangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kam Yan Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.