Kaleidoscope Juice

480-980-8677

7119 E 1st Ave, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85251

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cold pressed juice and smoothie cafe with serveral AZ outlets. Offers vegetarian food and fish. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-6:00pm, Sat 8:00am-4:30pm, Sun 9:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Ok Pitaya Bowl - Edit

I went on a Saturday morning, around 9:15am. It was busy and service was very slow. I stood in line for @ 15 minutes waiting to place my order. When I reached the counter and requested an Acai Bowl, I was informed that they were out of acai. I ordered pitaya instead. I inquired if they could make vegan breakfast sandwiches since their menu indicates that they have vegan chorizo & vegan mayo. It was told in so many words that they were too busy to accommodate this request.

As I waited for my bowl, I witnessed them mess up a couple of orders. One man had been waiting at least 1/2 hour and was given gluten instead of the gluten-free order he'd requested. They scurried to replace his order.

I got my bowl in about 20-25 minutes. It was much smaller than I expected for the $9 price tag, especially compared to other local eateries. The only fresh fruit was banana. The description included raspberries. They may have been blended in with the pitaya, but I couldn't tell. The bowl was decent in flavor. They were frozen chunks at the bottom and runny at the top. It wasn't the best pitaya bowl and it definitely wasn't worth $9. But if you're in Old Town (and unable to drive elsewhere) and in need of a quick breakfast bite, there aren't many other vegan options.

Cons: expensive

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kaleidoscope Juice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.