Kaffihus Vesturbæjar

( 1 review )

Melhagi Reykjavík 22, Reykjavik, Iceland

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bistro with Wi-Fi, located across the street from the local geothermal pool. Vegans could get breakfast chia pudding and non-dairy milk for hot drinks. Staff know what is suitable for vegans, so ask. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-11:00pm, Sat 9:00am-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Western, European, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by MelG

Great local spot- try for a weekday - Edit

I’d read online that this place had a vegan burger absolutely worth checking out, so my husband and I went here for a late lunch on a Sunday. Note: many cafes in Reykjavik completely change their menus on the weekends, as was the case with this establishment, so the burger was unavailable. They offered us a hummus toast with herbed oil and roasted red pepper instead. The barista even double checked with the chef for us to ensure it was vegan- great service! The toast was great but not the most filling, so I’d suggest this place on the weekend if you’re in the mood for lighter fare. Also had a soy chai and it was delicious (both soy and oat milk on offer).

Pros: free WiFi, a few vegan options, non dairy milk choices

Cons: vegan burger only available on weekdays

Return to Reykjavik Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kaffihus Vesturbæjar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.