Kaffestuen Vesterbro

Contact 60571620

Vesterbrogade 108, Copenhagen, Denmark, 1620

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee room est. 2014 as vegan then added fish in 2016. Menu offers salads, soups, sandwiches, cakes and drinks. Soy milk available. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, European, Non-veg

First Review by Ailia

Great spot for quick sandwich - Edit

My boyfriend and I popped into this café during our short visit to Copenhagen. The atmosphere was lovely, but we were confused with what was/wasn't vegan. The barista was totally helpful and friendly and we ended up getting a tofu-curry sandwich each.

The food was lovely and I can honestly say it was the best vegan sandwich I've ever had! However, even though we asked the barista and warned her about my boyfriend's nut allergy, we ended up in a hospital with a quite horrible reaction to something definitely nutty that was in that oh-so-great sandwich. So please, warn your staff to take allergies seriously and also make sure they know ingredients of everything they are preparing!

Pros: Great portions/price, English talking staff

Cons: Not aware about allergens!!

Delicious vegan coffee and cakes in a HOT coffee house! - Edit

Awesome coffees with soy or almond milk. I had a chai latte, my husband drank a cappuccino. We were both satisfied with our drinks and cakes.
However...
It was probably around 22 degrees Celsius today, and Kaffestuen was a sauna!

Pros: Vegan options are clearly marked

Cons: Really hot and humid - get an AC!

perfect breakfast - Edit

went with bunch of friends on thursday, there was no brunch available this day but individual sandwiches and soygurt-musli and coffee were perfect, loved it
I was confused at first with the dairy/soya milk options for drinks since it was not stated clearly anywhere at the cafe (and I thought it was all vegan!) so I suggested that they would present it more clearly for the future customers ( : still the best cafe in my opinion in Copenhagen that I found!

Pros: nice atmosphere, best brunch in town, delicious and healthy

Cons: dairy milk for drinks

cafe - Edit

I went to this cafe the other day and was happy to see that everything is vegan. They have sandwiches as well as desserts and salads.
There is a lot of comfy seating, couches and stuff and it doesn't feel crowded. It's a good place to meet up with friends.
I had an awesome sandwich. It was some kind of oyster mushroom with truffel and rosemary dressing sandwich. It was bigger than I thought it would be. It was a proper sandwich, meaning that everything was between 2 pieces of bread and it had the look kind of like hero sandwich, but with nice healthy looking bread.
I was pretty happy with the sandwich and will definitely go back to try the other sandwiches and some cake.

Pros: Nice ambience, Good service, Vegan

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kaffestuen Vesterbro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.