Kaffe Dada

Contact +49-94156993489

Rote-Lowen-Str 11, Regensburg, Germany, 93047

Vegetarian restaurant offering dishes made from tofu and seitan, weekly changing specials. Has a vegan menu. Bar atmosphere in the evening, also serving long drinks and cocktails. Mon-Thu 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-1:00am, Sun 2:00pm-12:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, German

First Review by Sudeldack

burgers & german food - Edit

Kaffe Dada does something that I actually highly enjoy: it offers (upon others) traditional German food in a vegetarian/vegan way. this means: the meat is replaced by soy protein. that's a huge plus in my book as I love the texture and possibilities it offers. unfortunately, these aren't fully maxed out at Dada.
while I ate the Soy-Schnitzel, my friend had the soy-steak-burger - and: both meat substitutes were rather tasteless. no marinade nor added spices. which is a shame cause the dishes actually sound and look really delicious! the menu is rather big, too, so I had difficulties choosing something (and left, wondering whether the other favourite would have been the better choice...)

In a city where there are only a few options for vegetarians/vegans this might be alright and there's definitely potential in this place but I left a little unsatisfied. And I'm unsure whether I'll be back even though I'm tempted to give it another shot and will definitely update my review then ;)

The place itself is really nice. As it was a warm day, we sat outside. Service was quick & friendly.

Pros: choice, price, location & service

Cons: taste was a little boring and disappointing

Really enjoyed this restaurant - Edit

My family ate here twice in August during our three days in Regensburg. Very friendly service, super fresh salads, delicious burgers and tofu and seitan options. The menu is clearly marked to distinguish between vegetarian and vegan options but most options are either vegan or can be easily made so. There are also "healthier" options available such as a quinoa/millet dish. It seems to be a popular place and we called ahead for reservations. The prices were quite reasonable. It is in a casual cafe setting, with seating outside as well. The only downside were the people smoking at the tables outside (but at least not inside) and the temperature was warm, but not unbearable. We would definitely go there again.

Good portion sizes - Edit

The menu here is fully vegetarian and the many, many vegan options are clearly marked, making it nice and easy to see the options but not at all easy to choose between them! I tried a chilli burger with chips and was impressed by the portion size, and it tasted generally good although I was hoping the burger would be a bit spicier. The atmosphere is more like a bar than a restaurant, with rock music playing, which might be off-putting for some but I found the atmosphere welcoming overall - it's a bar but a small and cosy one! Wifi is free and very fast. Just something to watch out for though - food is only served until 22h even though the bar stays open later.

Pros: fully veggie., vegan labelled., portion sizes.

Cons: staff could be friendlier

Vegan Fast Food - Edit

Okay if you're looking for fast food veganized, otherwise skip this place.

I went here with two meat-eaters, one ordered a salad, the other the cheese burger. I had vegan gyros myself. I have to say, while my meal came quite close to its meat containing original, I was disappointed by the small spoonful of cashew-tzaziki that came with it. Having a big pile both of "gyros" and chips on my plate, the small amount of tzaziki didn't really manage to tie the meal together and left it overall quite dry and extremely salty.
The burger and salad were found okay, but not extraordinary.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 15, 2014

Pros: big portions, friendly staff, good music

Cons: meat dishes turned vegan, poor , nothing special

meat dishes transformed - Edit

I went there with my girlfriend. We just looked at the menu and went on because it was all typical meat food offered vegetarian or vegan.
It´s a question of taste. I sometimes like a vegan burger as well but I think it could be more fun cooking and eating, no?

Cons: meat dishes vegan style

2 Responses

Menu recently changed, but good food - Edit

Mostly burgers, but also some dinner specials. I've tried most of the menu, and I like nearly everything there.

The price for the burgers is cheap, with the specials costing more. They also have limited desserts and a large selection of beer, wine, coffee bar, etc.

This is a sit-down service restaurant, so do not expect a fast-food place with take away or spending only 5 minutes to eat here. Plan to stay for a while.

I recommend the schnitzel or the BBQ burger

Pros: All-veg, Vegan candy bars

so positivly surprised - Edit

loved the music, the nice stuff and the vegan meals, I think nearly around 90% of the offered meals are vegan or possible to get in vegan and it was absolutely delicious -especially the cake. The next time I visit Regensburg, I´ll eat there in the evening again.
What surprised me is that they don´t have fairtrade coffe nor ecological milk (my vegetarian friend was wondering about this) -I hope they´ll change that soon.

Pros: excellent vegan food & cake, big portions, kind and helpfull stuff

Cons: no fairtrade coffe, no ecological milk

Enjoyable and tasty burgers - Edit

I was so hungry at the time I ordered two meals from the start - a burger and a pasta dish. I enjoyed them both - though the burger was particularly nice and tasty and I'd recommend one. It has a nice atmosphere and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Pros: Nice burgers

Amazing food - Edit

My husband and I found Kaffe Dada by complete chance and ended up eating there three nights in a row. The food is better than any other veg restaurant that we've ever been to and the staff is amazing. The menu is only in German but it's online as well, so we translated it before going.

Fantastic Food - Edit

Vegetarian restaurant with specially marked vegan options on the menu. The menu changes every weekend, according to seasonal products. The staff was very friendly and the food was excellent, yet pricey.

Pros: vegan options, fast and friendly staff, seasonal products

Cons: pricey

Return to Regensburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kaffe Dada closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2300 times since Mar 2011.