Kabul

Serves meat, vegan options available. Afghan cuisine made with spices and herbs. Meat-heavy but has a vegetarian menu section, and waiter knows about ingredients. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Afghani, Non-veg

First Review by Kyttiara

'This might be the best eggplant I've ever had!' - Edit

I'm a food loving eater of everything traveling with my vegetarian niece. We came to Kabul because of the chance to try an unfamiliar cuisine. I ordered meat and enjoyed it (though no one here cares about that) but when I tried my niece's entree I wished I had ordered from the extensive vegetarian portion of the menu.
The quote above is from my niece. I have to agree with her. We also shared a side of excellent spiced/herbed spinach. The crusty and soft afghani bread made a nice side to the meal.
There were about 8-10 options in the vegetarian section priced about $5-12. There were also one or two options in the meat portion of the menu that gave the option to get the dish without meat (mostly rice based dishes). Yogurt features heavily on the menu so it may be a bit more difficult for vegans.

Pros: many vegetarian options, fun atmosphere, reasonable for Old Town Prague

Cons: meat consumption will happen around you for those

Delicious food but... - Edit

They don't know what vegan is....!
I went to this place with friends because it was late and it was the only one option around us. I ordered the eggplant dish, saying I am vegan so they had to put the yogourt sauce aside so my vegetarian friend can dip in it. The dish arrived with yogourt sauce drizzled on it: I asked why since I insisted on having it aside. The waiter told me "the chef wanted you to have it that way because he thinks it's better like that"... I mean... Do they say that to any client that is vegan or has lactose allergy?? I had to explain to the waiter what veganism is and to justify myself. regarding my choice of diet. In the end, he brought something extra vegan for me (the spinach dish which is awesome!!) and offered us one tea. So there are some vegetarian and vegan options, but watch out if you're a vegan!

Pros: delicious food, real Kabul decoration , not expensive

Cons: have no idea what vegan is, very small portions for some dishes

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kabul closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.