Indian
European
French
Fusion
Gluten-free

Sarasota's first 100% plant-based full service restaurant serving globally inspired food using locally sourced ingredients. Menu consists of small plates, salads & soups, large plates and desserts. The drink menu consists of wine, champagne, mocktails and beer, in addition to lemonade, kombucha, coffee and others. Offers a vegan Sunday brunch from 11am-2pm. Reservations: https://tableagent.com/sarasota/ka-papa-cuisine/table-search Open Tue-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-2:00pm.

Venue map for Ka Papa Cuisine
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Anela

juliencontreras

03 Mar 2024

MUST TRY VEGAN CUISINE

Was a little skeptical at first because every fancy vegan restaurant i go to seems to always lack flavor. Ka Papa Cuisine exceeded my expectations to the max. We came for brunch on Sunday(11am-2pm) Every food item my bf and i had were seasoned amazingly and the poached egg dish.. OMG a must try. So delicious, first time having a vegan poached egg and it was spectacular. You can tell they take their time and effort with the quality of their food, which i can very much appreciate. So happy i came across this beautiful restaurant.

Pros: great ambiance and atmosphere., nicely decorated for cute pics., FOOD WAS AMAZINGGGGGG.

Cons: a little pricey.

GaëtanBernard

Points +54

28 Feb 2024

Good 100% plant based restaurant

The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere and the service is good. The food is well presented and diversified. It feels like the food is made from high quality ingredients. The food size was a bit small for the price and lack plant-based proteins in my opinion.

Pros: Atmosphere, Service , Food quality

Cons: Price, Lack of plant-based proteins in some meals

lexikuligowski

23 Feb 2024

Best Vegan Spot in Sarasota

Seasonal menu but the lemon alfredo seems to always stay on it which I can’t recommend enough. The desserts are great too! Chocolate cake is incredible! Mariam is a sweetheart and very helpful. Ask for her as your server if you can!

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-23

jc123

Points +35

Mostly Veg
12 Feb 2024

The Best Vegan Restaurant in Florida!

Wow! Wow! Wow! If you are vegan, gluten-free, or just prefer to have healthy, wholesome deliciousness, this place is for you! The mother-daughter chef team and co-owners are BRILLIANT at putting together vegan and gluten-free creations have such delicious flavors and are plated so beautifully, the taste like you are having a meal at a fine-dining restaurant! The only difference is that it also feels like it is homemade (which it is) and is filled with love like it was made by your mom!

They also are vegan trailblazers! Their vegan brunch is incredible with a poached “vegan egg” that looks and tastes like a real egg! It is made of tofu!

Make sure to also order their vegan cheeseboard or “baked Brie” that literally looks like a wheel of Brie cheese and tastes amazing! The gluten free apple crumble cake will have you dreaming about it!

We love this place so much we have eaten there 10 times in two months!

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-12

Pros: Vegan Baked Brie and Cheese Board, Love Loaf, French onion soup

wholefoodie

Points +106

10 Feb 2024

Bliss

So wonderful that everything is vegan! A real treat, and the textures and flavors were amazing, couldn't stop ordering! A bit pricy but well worth it!

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-10

KAONeill

12 Jan 2024

Every dish is a hit!

This is my family’s favorite upscale restaurant! Every dish is so good, and we look forward to dessert the whole meal through 😋 My personal favorite dish is the shiitake “escargot” #Veganuary

Pros: Beautiful setting, Delicious food, Kind servers

HMilton87

Points +158

03 Jan 2024

Amazing foods

Lovely for a special occasion. Seminal food with fantastic flavors and aesthetics.

tenaya

Points +125

25 Dec 2023

Love it!

Lovely atmosphere, great service and delicious food! We were given a free sample of their amazing hibiscus lemonade - which is a must-try!

juliejuliew

20 Dec 2023

Amazing Find

Ka Papa is an amazing find- great food as well as great service. We got a mix of appetizers and loved all of them. Definitely order the Brie and escargots- you can’t miss these!

JonHK

Points +24

18 Dec 2023

How have we missed this gem?

It's hard to imagine that we have searched out vegan restaurants in Sarasota for the past 5 years and have somehow missed this wonderful spot. Located on picturesque Osprey Street just north of Hillview, the restaurant beckons with a tasteful facade, and stepping inside one feels immediately at home. The staff is obviously well-trained, and their manner is warm an welcoming. But it's the food that takes center stage...delicious, creative soups and salads, and larger plates featuring pasta, eggplant and mushrooms among other offerings. Oh, and save room for dessert...the chocolate cake with whipped "cream" is outrageous!

Pros: Ambience, Staff, Outstanding food

Cons: "large" plate portions could be larger

GiulioComellini

30 Nov 2023

Gem!

So good!! Trie the brie and carrot cake😉

ConnorKelly

Points +22

25 Nov 2023

ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS food and experience

Best vegan dining in all of Sarasota made and served by the kindest people around! The mother/daughter dynamic duo from Köln, Germany are complete connoisseurs of vegan cuisine. Ka Papa’s approach to plant-based fine dining is unique, universal, and unmatched. I’ve been vegan for 5 years and never had the pleasure of trying a Charcuterie Board as great as the one served here. Order the Alfredo and have your mind blown. Special Thanks to Kim and Bella for the great time and great food ❤️

Pros: Pastas are exquisite!, Down-to-earth Service

yasmin1818

Points +890

22 Nov 2023

Amazing food

Everything I ate was delicious! The cheeses are out of this world. Definitely recommend stopping by to anyone in the area!!!

Pros: Cheese

JamieHeis

Points +73

20 Nov 2023

A Shiny Vegan Gem in Sarasota

We found Ka Papa on Happy Cow and I first took my husband here for his birthday a few months ago. We have dined here the last three Friday evenings and enjoy trying new dishes. Everything we ordered tasted wonderful and the smoked mushrooms are to die for. I had them on my order of Pasta Alfredo and my husband had them as a main course. My nephew had the Love Loaf and until I took this photo, never saw that it was heart shaped….because I always dug in when placed in front of me. We highly recommend Ka Papa and loved our servers Miriam and Lynn.

Pros: The food tastes amazing. , Great atmosphere. , Fabulous service.

Cons: It takes time for the food but worth the wait.

cdurmaz

Points +72

30 Sep 2023

Best Vegan Restaurant in FL

Every time we come to Ka Papa, we are blown away by their flavors. You cannot go wrong with anything on the menu. Tonight we tried a new addition, The Love Loaf. So delicious! The carrot based sauce was amazing. We also had the “Escargot”. We have this every time we are here. It is so good. For dessert we had the chocolate cake. It was good, but I recommend the Iron Cast Cookie. It is the best.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-30

Pros: Every item on the menu is amazing, Staff is so kind, Atmosphere is so beautiful

Cons: Portion size is small for the price.

QueenConch

29 Sep 2023

Amazing!!

This is an excellent vegan restaurant! The taste and presentation were so wonderful. Can’t wait to go back and try more dishes! I had the carrot soup and squash noodle dish! Delicious!!

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-29

Pros: Flavorful, Delicious , Beautiful presentation

Hlohmar

Points +25

23 Sep 2023

Gourmet, delicious and plant-based!

Absolutely outstanding. They change the menu regularly and keep the old favorites. It’s a fine dining experience reasonably priced and absolutely gorgeous.

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Great drinks

Cons: None!!

jackiesgone61

06 Sep 2023

Perfect

Lovely place to celebrate an anniversary. Small cozy. Delicious food! Great friendly staff.

Pros: The cheese platter had a great variety of flavors , Summer squash noodles were so light and delicious

PhilipHiss

Points +15

Vegetarian
03 Sep 2023

My favorite Sarasota restaurant

Unique, creative menu Outstanding flavor.
Excellent service

plantbasedvegan2020

19 Aug 2023

Out of this world!

Amazing flavors, friendly service - overall out of this world!
Had the carrot soup and the smoked mushrooms - never had anything like that before. Thumbs up! Will be back soon for more!

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-19

DavidCurtiss

Points +36

03 Aug 2023

Hand made, high class, and utterly delicious

We were lucky and they seated us without a reservation, though I would recommend one. We had the warm brie small plate, lemon alfredo pasta and the plum-miso eggplant entrees, and the pan cookie for dessert. Everything was fabulously tasty, although the eggplant sauce was quite salty. The hibiscus lemonade is more of a sweetened iced tea, and it was so refreshing I ordered a refill. We're definitely going again before we leave town!

Pros: Presentation , Flavor, Variety

lnrael

29 Jul 2023

Everything is delicious.

Some truly unique dishes and flavours, not just a place that does imitations of dishes you've had before.

We got the: Chocolate Cake, Plumb-Miso Glazed Eggplant with Shitake Pasta, Pan Roasted Mushrooms, Shiitake 'Escargots' GF, Home Made Pasta with Pesto Sauce and Smoked Mushrooms

Pros: Fully vegan!, Delicious

Leetramp

Points +111

Vegetarian
27 Jul 2023

Wonderful dinner

We has the carrot soup, pear and 'feta' salad, and lemon Alfredo pea pasta. All was delicious. Several mocktails, I had a delicious coffee one. We has chocolate cake for dessert, along with sorbet.

My wife says they have the non dairy cream down really well. All our 'cream' dishes were quite smooth.

SharlynFoley

Points +37

15 Jul 2023

Creative, upscale menu

Staff was delightful. Food was very tasty! We had the Charcuterie board for 2 with a delicious selection of vegan cheeses. Additionally the Alfredo lemon pasta was great. Ok and so was the chocolate cake!

SamanthaGroom

Points +122

07 Jul 2023

Women owned Plant Based Awesome

Had brunch today, everything was delicious! Highly recommend. 💚

Update -
Had anniversary dinner here tonight, the new cheese plate was so good!! My husband enjoyed his French onion soup, something he loved prior to going vegan. It hit the spot. The shiitake escargot was amazing. They were out of smoked mushrooms which was a bummer. The pasta with the tomato sauce was pretty basic. I liked my zucchini noodles. We both thought the chocolate cake was good not great. Personally wouldn’t get it again. But we will definitely be back! Service was attentive. Was glad to see it steady with customers. I’m a fan!

Updated from previous review on 2022-01-02

Pros: All vegan, Delicious & unique , Great ambiance

Cons: Expensive

kapapacuisine

21 Mar 2023

Hi Samantha! Thank you so much for your review - we appreciate it! Hopefully we'll see you again soon! Sincerely, KaPapa Cuisine

VeganPowerBall

Points +25

03 Jul 2023

My all-time favorite!

We attended a special 1001 Arabian Nights Belly Dance event a week ago and it was PHENOMENAL!!! The special event menu surpassed all expectations. The belly dancer's mesmerizing performance was truly the cherry on top of the cake. Thank you for creating such a memorable and unforgettable event!

AnnaStoneVegan

Points +24

03 Jul 2023

My favorite vegan place!

Great place for special occasion or to just come in solo. Every time I go here I feel like in a different world. Love it, love it, love it! This time I tried the baked sweet potato with sour cream (to die for!!!) and the walnut carrot cake dessert. Both absolutely delicious! Can't wait to be back.

Update: We tried the new soups last night and OMG are they great!
I had the chilled carrot ginger soup with turmeric and coconut milk (super healthy!!!) and hubby had the watercress soup - both were outstanding!!!

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-26

Pros: EVERYTHING is vegan, made from scratch, amazing food, very friendly team, great atmosphere

kapapacuisine

21 Mar 2023

Hi Anna! Thank you so much for your review - we appreciate it! Hopefully we'll see you again soon! Sincerely, KaPapa Cuisine