1 Review

First Review by RachelLouise

Delicious and very vegan-friendly! - Edit

I stumbled across this place by accident while looking for a place to get tea in Gent. We were so surprised when we saw that a lot of the drinks on the menu mentioned vegan options, and there was even vegan ice cream and milkshakes.

The decor is really cool. The ambiance was good, too. The music was Johnny Cash. We went during the afternoon on a weekday, and were the only ones there.

I ordered a speculoos soy latte and the owner/server mentioned that I could add chocolate and it would still be vegan, so I did that. It was so good, and beautifully presented. The chocolate was served on the side in the form of chocolate chips that you could stir into the drink. Since the owner knew I was vegan, instead of serving the drink with a small brownie on the side, she gave me a small scoop of homemade soy vanilla ice cream. It was so good. If the weather was warmer, I definitely would have ordered something involving ice cream.

We stayed long enough for a second drink and I got a Pineapple Fizz, which was a freshly made soda with pineapple and mint. My husband got a non-alcoholic banana colada. We both loved our drinks. The two friends we were with were also really happy with what they got.

Most cafes in Belgium don't even have soymilk, and they usually serve all their drinks with cookies that are only occasionally vegan. KBilly's was way more vegan friendly than any other cafe I've been to in Belgium. I will definitely come back next time I'm in town.

Pros: delicious, big selection, friendly staff

Cons: not 100% vegan

Return to Ghent Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: K-Billy's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.