Just Ripe

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 865-851-9327

513 Union Ave, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA, 37902

A neighborhood kind of store. Stocks fresh produce, grab-and-go salads that are vegan. Has smoothie, juice, and coffee bar. Mon-Sat 8:00am-2:00pm

First Review by marge527

Cute space, limited vegan options - Edit

When I read the review for this place, I thought: great, can't wait. Well, when I arrived and asked about the vegan options, umm, it was rather limited. There were 3 pre-made salads, and only 1 was vegan - it was neither the kale nor other vegetable-based salad, but the cooked quinoa salad. Ok, that's interesting. There was 1 sandwich that was veg*n, but, it was on bread. There were biscuits, which is great for vegetarians, but definitely not vegan friendly.

The grocery selection was minimal, and nothing of interest for my taste, as there seemed to be just a few basic beverage and eclectic food items like milk and jams, bitters and sweeteners.

The only good part about this place was the beverages: coffee, juice and smoothies. So, if this place were all about those beverages, I'd like it. However, as a vegan, when I walk in and can't really order anything when choosing among 2-3 limited options, well, I am not happy. Juice is good, smoothies, too, but.... not my type of vegan food place. I left disappointed, hoping for food, but getting stuck just with a couple raw food bars (2 out of 3 of them were vegan, the 3rd one had whey).

Pros: Juice, Smoothies, Coffee

Cons: Not very vegan in the food options

Super Tasty Options - Edit

Several great vegan options, both in the shop and on the menu. a cute hip little place to go for breakfast or lunch. great juices, friendly staff.

Pros: great burritos , cute decor, awesome treats in the shop

Cons: limited seating

Return to Knoxville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Just Ripe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1798 times since Jan 2012.