CLOSED: Just For You

845-853-8020

375 Broadway, Kingston, New York, USA, 12401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Owner/chef makes Oaxacan Mexican and can make some dishes vegan by request - ask. Reported closed, Feb 2018.

Categories: Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by jessknitsnyc

Caution - Edit

They mark vegetarian options on the menu, and will tell you can make them vegan. Have eaten here many times with a few mishaps i.e. cheese in my “vegan” burrito—they will always apologetically correct the mistake, but after my last experience, I will not be returning. I ordered the black bean soup, which was marked vegetarian and I was assured it could be made vegan. A few bites in a noticed a hunk of animal flesh... I dug through my soup a little more and there was hunks of chicken throughout the entire bowl...now there is no convincing me they’re not using chicken stock in the “vegetarian” dishes.

80% of the menu can be vegan! - Edit

We just bought a place in Kingston, and I stumbled into Just For You because I heard the owners were lovely people, and I'm so glad I did. When I asked what could be made vegetarian (my usual first question in a new place), Ines asked, "vegetarian or vegan?" She went item by item through the menu and told me how they could accommodate me. The food was delicious and fresh, and the clientele of regulars coming in and out clearly knew Ines and she knew them. Highly recommend!

Pros: Authentic Oaxacan, Most dishes able to be made vegan, Accommodating and friendly owners

Return to Kingston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Just For You closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.