Just Falafel

02-80205717

2 Lee St, Shop 8 (at Central Station), Sydney, New South Wales,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Part of international franchise, this outlet opened in 2014 as all-veg but added meat in 2015. Offers falafel sandwiches and meals in different flavors, plus some salads. Dairy is used, so vegans should specify. Mostly take-out with seating upstairs.

Category: Mediterranean, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by Krush

Decent place if you like falafel - Edit

Agree with the other reviewers, it used to be vegetarian but has added meat, shame but I suppose it didn't work in this meat eating country (the one in Parramatta church street closed in 3 months due to what I think was being veg only). Anyway, still plenty of veg and vegan options and I go there quite often as I love falafel and prefer this to a kebab shop which have the ugly shawarma on display.

Pros: Good selection of falafels

Cons: Has added meat

A shame - Edit

I was delighted when this place opened: a lacto-vegetarian and vegan outlet near a busy transport hub. It used to take pride in being vegetarian, even if that definition was expanded to include eggs after a few months. But now it has added beef and chicken to the menu. I used to see Hindu Indians eating there often; I doubt they will appreciate beef being in the kitchen. It still has lacto-vegetarian falafel sandwiches, and a couple of vegan options, but instead of eating there regularly I shall now go only if I am stuck in that part of town, with a long wait for train or bus, and really hungry. Such a shame.

Pros: location, has vegan options

Cons: has added meat to menu

Not vegetarian anymore - Edit

Just visited again after a month and shocked to see that they're not pure vegetarian anymore with Chicken and beef shawarna on the menu.. average customer service too

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Just Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2072 times.