Just FaB - Food Bus

• Friend
Contact 07414917637

455 Hackney Rd, East London, England, E2 9DY

A refurbished vintage double decker bus with a full service kitchen. Concept is based on Italian cuisine with recipes by its chef Fabio. Eat-in or take away from a hatch window in the bus. Will do late dinner upon request. Location changes from time to time. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by elrujo

A great hideaway - Edit

Absolute treat of a place to eat - on the to deck of an old bus. the owner built it all himself and has created something special. both veg and vegan options and they are all delicious!

Pros: flexible choices

Cons:

Such a find, you have to go - Edit

Walked past this place and decided to do dinner there with my friends the next night... It was so amazing some of the best service, the guy was really friendly popping bottle for us and explaining the menu

The atmosphere inside is fun, I mean you're sitting in a revamped double decker so it's bound to be

And now for the food; easily the best vegan burger I've ever had !
Stop reading this and just go there I say :)

Pros: Best service, The bus!, Fully vegan, delicious food

Cons: Burgers came without fries by mistake

Must visit! - Edit

Brilliant atmosphere, dog and people friendly especially on a nice day.
Food is fab, must try the vegamisu. The burgers, panelle and polenta are delicious. Not too keen on the lasagne personally.
Reasonably priced.

Pros: Vegamisu, Environment, Burgers, panelle and everything else

Cons: Non

Great food, awesome service - Edit

We had the arancini balls and the soup of the day, which were both delicious, and then a pizza and lasagna.
The pizza was more of a toasted roll than a pizza, but still yummy!
Food was great and decor was very cool
Definitely try the arancini balls!!!

adam95 19 Sep 2016 - Definitely worth keeping in mind whenever I find myself in London! Thank You!

scan your vegan oysters! - Edit

This is pretty great. It's junkyard-chic and very good value, and goes beyond your standard vegan options. There were some real highlights: the burger was top-notch with focaccia bun, and the tiramisu goes into the top 5 vegan desserts of all time.

Downsides: service was slow and very confused (one dessert came with the bill, slowly followed by our side); and the polenta left something to be desired.

FM

Pros: dat tiramisu tho!, variety of options

Cons: service

highly recommended ;) - Edit

super creative set up, the food was great and the staff very nice. a bit oily for my taste (not suitable for hclf vegans) but that's just preference!
The little kitten jumping around in the outside area was super cute too!!

Pros: very tasty, creative, friendly

Cons: quite oily (mostly fried food)

love the staff - Edit

Love the man who gave us reccomondations about the food. Expected more pasta's on the menu but most of them where actually burgers, wedges, polenta and side dishes to choose from.

Pros: vibrant place

Cons: 15 min walk from underground

Just FaB is just FAB! - Edit

Just had an amazing afternoon at Just FaB. The food was fantastic, big red bus made for a fun and funky location, and the service from the staff was exceptional. Eating on the top deck and then hanging out and playing fussball in the yard afterwards was a great way to spend the afternoon. We were so tempted to try everything on the menu, but with generous portions and so many good options, we just didn't have room. As if we needed any more reasons to come back - we're already planning our next visit! A must-visit.

Pros: Everything is vegan!, Staff are fantastic, Food is delicious

Vegan Comfort Food / Great setting - Edit

This place is a bit of a jewel. It's delicious, all vegan, and tucked away in a converted bus on hackney road. The menu isn't expensive and offers burgers and chips along with a smattering of italian specialties. On the plus side, a few of these specialties are very difficult to come by for vegans and you can eat them while gazing out the windows of a double decker bus, sipping wine, in pleasant, low-key, surroundings. On the negative side, almost all the food is very carb-heavy and you may find yourself longing for vegetables.

Try the homemade arancini, the lasagna, and the vegemisu (vegan tiramisu).

Pros: vegan tiramisu, VEGAN TIRAMISU!, great atmosphere and friendly staff, inexpensive / good value

Cons: jazzed up burger and chip joint

awesome food in a unique setting - Edit

For anyone visiting London they should put this place on their must do list. The food is wonderful - Italian dishes veganized and you can choose to take away, sit outside on picknick tables to enjoy your food or (even better) enjoy the food in the upper deck of the bus that was remodeled to accommodate several tables! I had the arranchini as a starter which were really great while waiting for the main course of freshly baked lasagna, which was absolutely delicious! They also have several other typical Italian items on the menu as well as a range of burgers and pizzas.

Pros: great food, unique location, friendly staff

Cons: location - not the most obvious place to pass

Top notch vegan food that's well priced! - Edit

Didn't really know what to expect, but as soon as I saw the menu I was relieved. Pretty much everything on offer is a vegans dream, so I went for the vegan cheese burger and some vegan spinach cheese balls as a side. Both were delicious, fresh and filling. Can't wait to come back again and try the other stuff! Can't recommend this place more, especially as the weather gets warmer!

Pros: Tonnes of options, Friendly staff, Cosy cool atmosphere

fabubus - Edit

I came here after a trip to the city farm and had a medium (really rather small though) lasagne upstairs. I know another place that refurbished a bus like this so it wasn't that new to me but I loved the interior! The staff was really nice as well and though the lasagne is with fake meat, they made me one with less of that and more veggies.
Definitely a place to check out!

PS the prices have changed a bit since someone posted that menu

Pros: unique , friendly & delicious

Cons: soy based foods, a little pricey

the JustFab bus is Just fab!! - Edit

I went for much with a friend one cold afternoon and had the most delicious vegan lasagne. Was great. Highly recommend. The side Salad was a bit expensive. £3 for a small plate of lettuce and tomato.. But apart from that a perfect meal.

Pros: vegan, lots of choice, friendly

Cons: some things are a bit pricy

Ab fab!! - Edit

Amazing home cooked food! Try the lasange and tiramisu! Warm and cosy upstairs seating too! Staff are friendly and welcoming and the coffee is delicious! ^_^

Pros: Good prices, delicious food, friendly staff, warm

Cons: Ruining my figure...

Worth a one off visit - Edit

The staff here are friendly though it was a bit chaotic on the day I visited. I recommend coming for the vegan tiramisu if nothing else. The lasagne was also good. I don't recommend the sweet & sour veggie burger which was basically a chip butty with red peppers and sundried tomatoes! That was a very strange experience, particularly because the owner had recommended it. Probably stick to the Italian dishes!

Pros: Tiramisu, Unusual venue, Friendly staff

Cons: Expensive for what it is, No expresso machine, lattes etc.

Delicious! - Edit

Me and my boyfriend took an impromptu trip to the bus on a Sunday evening, and were so pleasantly surprised!
It was a cold evening, and on the upper deck it was so cosy and warm.
The food was SO GOOD! We had the lasagne, the aranccini balls and the special, which was falafel hummus and veggies.
We also took some Vegamisu home for later - and it was the best vegan pudding we have ever eaten!
Lovely owners too - so friendly and so much care over the food.
Throughly recommend!

Excellent and different - Edit

The Just Fab bus is a converted red London double decker bus that serves Italian style vegan food. At present they are stuck with only a Sat afternoon and evening slot in the hipster nightmare that is Shoreditch! If you have suggestions as to where they might bye able to take park a bus and sell food dolt them know!
The menu - at present is reactively sparse - and the portions are "street food' size which means not generous. The food is however very good. I had the mushroom and spinach rice balls, the polenta and the chick pea fritters and all were excellent. My companion had the lasagne and said it was "super". I broke my rule sand tried a bit of the Tiramisu (the only desert on the menu) and it easily ranks as good as the best I have ever had (alongside one I had at Mannaj restaurant many years ago). A tiramisu that is really light, tasty, not over rich or sweet.
Despite the slightly naff name Just Fab is a friendly and interesting eating experience and I wish it well and will return there soon.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 19, 2015

Good news Just Fab are expanding their menu. Let's hope they start doing daily or at least weekly specials too1

Pros: Great Italian style food, Not expensive (for London), A different environment to feast in!

Cons: Menu rather brief, no specials, Seating on bus is upstairs only.

Best lasagna ever - Edit

We stopped here on the fly one afternoon on our way home. The food was awesome and the place is cool and comfortable. The two owners, Fabio and Fabrizio, are nice and welcoming.
My wife took a veggy burger and I ate a portion of lasagna. They were both delicious and with a good value. We´ll definitely come back with our friends.

Pros: Fresh food, Nice vibe comfortable place, The chef is a real italian mum!

Host with the Most - Edit

When I inquired, the friendly, outgoing, and amusing host of this establishment told me that FaB officially stands for Food and Beverage, but unofficially it is also his name, and the place is just fabulous. We had a great time chatting with Fab and his mother/cook,

The burger was, according to my daughter, the best ever, and the vegi-misu was, according to my whole family, the best ever. Lasagna and potato wedges were also very good.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 09, 2015

Pros: Service, Quality

Cons: Limited days/hours open

Delicious - Edit

Been there on Saturday lunch time. Delicious Sicilian recipes, street food, with a vegan interpretation which does not erase the taste at all given the top notch ingredients used by Fabio's mother. Yes, there is an Italian Mamma cooking here guys!!! You have to go there and you will see if I am wrong or what!

Pros: Soclal, Quality, Delicious

Return to East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Just FaB - Food Bus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.