American
Take-out
Fusion
Australian
Breakfast

Plant based eatery offering coffee, acai bowls, smoothies, juices, sandwiches, toasties & desserts as well as a daily selection of raw treats and protein balls. Est. 2019 and fully vegan since 2020. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-4:30pm.

Venue map for Jumi's Cafe
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by PotatoesTho

Kwanny

Points +129

14 Feb 2024

Perfection🤍

Have tried The Reuben, Tuna Melt and a few smoothies and really enjoyed it. Thank you so much Team Jumi's🤍

The reason why I chose to visit Jumi's Cafe:
- Word of mouth. Got recommended from a vegan friend and will continue to go here because the staff and owner are among the friendliest and loveliest and the food never disappoints.

angmack

Points +171

04 Feb 2024

Great service & food

The woman who waited on me was great. She made the experience so much better than just a delicious sandwich. She was very helpful, and also made a great coffee!

Pros: Serviced with a smile, Great toastie & sandwiches, Delicious strong coffee

Anne-MarieTower

Points +22

19 Jan 2024

Amazing food 😋

My favourite go to vegan cafe! #Veganuary

MaximEsbjorn

Points +32

01 Jan 2024

Great place

Variety of vegan food, smoothies, juices, açaí bowl. #Veganuary

Pros: 100% plant based , Variety of options

Cons: No toilet

Nim

Points +513

28 Dec 2023

Amazing Vegan Cafe

Such a great find! So many vegan options including smoothies, bowls, sandwiches, treats and more

Pros: We’ll priced , All vegan

Cons: Small cafe

SharonButton

Points +139

Vegetarian
09 Dec 2023

They extended their trading hours! Vegan!

Their personal attentive customer service foremost, vegan food, desserts, smoothies, great yummy coffee, I had vegan mushroom truffle toastie, skin glow smoothie

Pros: Service, Location close to south Yarra and jam factory, Food

Cons: More tables

amydettmann

Points +166

07 Jul 2023

Delicious food and many healthy options

The food was so delicious, well presented and ver nutritious. The staff are wonderful here and the shop has a great vibe. It’s the perfect place for a quick brunch, or a large lunch. It is great that everything is fully vegan

Pros: Delicious food, Healthy options, Great staff

GeezFeedz

Points +153

13 May 2023

Yummy Açai Bowls

I loved this 100% plant based cafe and would definitely recommend popping in here for breakfast if you’re in Melbourne.
They have so many options including toasts, pastries, sandwiches, salads, juices and açai bowls.
The staff were all lovely also.

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-13

Pros: Delicious smoothie bowls, All vegan, GF toast and granola available

amandadiana

Points +1127

27 Apr 2023

Delicious food

Acai bowls, toasties and sweets all delicious

OskG

Points +191

21 Apr 2023

Amazing!!

My fave is the ‘eat your greens’ toastie and the Monday morning smoothie (with a shot of coffee of course).
Friendly staff and 100% plant based. What’s not to love!!!

Updated from previous review on 2021-05-20

EileenMaryKenney

Points +18

07 Apr 2023

Delicious food and friendly staff.

I ordered a fresh juice, tofu scramble breakfast sandwich, and their “snickers” bar. Everything was delicious. I would eat here everyday and try everything on the menu if I was staying in the area longer.

SarahTurner77

Points +88

20 Mar 2023

Nice place, no toilets or wifi though!

Nice place on busy bustling street in South Yarra. Lovely staff and tasty tuna and cheese toastie. However, there are no toilets or wifi (I wanted to do a bit of work there).

Pros: Vegan only , Good price , Tasty food

Cons: No toilets , No wifi

AnnyNy

Points +749

18 Mar 2023

One of the best sandwiches ever

I randomly ordered this curry tofu samdwich. I didn’t expect much because it’s rare for me REALLY enjoy tofu. But the first bite shocked me. It was absolutely amazing!! I dont know how they do it.

Pros: Excellent taste, Lovely staff

Cons: Not the cheapest but definitely affordable

LozMarie

10 Nov 2023

I tried Jumi's for the first time yesterday and tried the curried scrambled sandwich too.
I had to go back today for another it was so yum! 😋😋

Pixieofthewood

Points +36

15 Feb 2023

Lovely place

Such a nice place with lovely staff and fully vegan.
So many options!

Pros: Fully veg, Staff, Location

Sarilein

Points +17767

15 Feb 2023

Must visit!

For me the best smoothie bowls in Melbourne
I also had a great coffee and amazing juice here in South Yarra
I am in love with this place. They’re super friendly, serve great Açaí and their Rocher is a must
I love the flavour and texture of the blended deliciousness
I ordered the following:
Ferrero Rocher Açaí and you have to try it - don’t miss out on the delicious 🤤 vegan nutty hazelnut spread on top! I could eat a whole jar of this spread
Packed with flavours
They sell some protein bars and powder as well you can either sit inside or outside

I also had
GREEN GARDEN
Pineapple, banana, spinach, avocado..
chia, spirulina, passiontruit & coco water
And a Flat white with oat

Açaí bowl
Ferrero rocher
granola, banana, strawberries,
hazelnuts & peanut choc
spread, kiwi
No banana in Açaí - pure Açaí and simply delicious

This is a fully healthy vegan spot which deserves some recognition💝🥰
Fuel your body with great Açaí 🥹🙌

Pros: Fully vegan, Açaí , Coffee

marshininamina

Points +680

08 Jan 2023

Nice sandwiches

Very tasty, and nice service I’ll come back

Pros: Tasty sandwiches

Cons: A bit expensive

GeorgiePalmer

Points +116

Herbivore
21 Nov 2022

Flavoursome

Several s'wich and toastie choices, I required gf also. Very tasty lunch

Pros: Full vegan choices, Friendly, helpful staff

Cons: No gf salads available. , No gf bread left, I supplied my own

YohanⓋ

Points +5631

20 Oct 2022

Great coffee and lovely staff member!

I only had a coffee here but it was really good! The staff member who looked after me was so friendly and nice! I’ll be back to try the food next time!

Pros: Great coffee. , Lots of vegan food, Really friendly staff member

jess!e97

Points +1048

06 Aug 2022

Cute place for toasties

The staff are always so lovely here! Good range of toasties too. It’s a bit over priced and everything comes in single use packaging. That is a huge downside for me.

Updated from previous review on 2022-08-06

LenaSta

Points +609

28 Jul 2022

Good Toasties but bit pricey and single use cups

Went there for breakfast and enjoyed a super delicious breakfast toasty and some coffee. The atmosphere could be a bit warmer (more about how the place is furnished/styled, definitely not about the staff - they were super welcoming!). What put me personally a bit off was that the coffee and acai bowl was served in paper cups/ a paper bowl even though we did not order take away but ate there. Could definitely be more environmentally friendly.
Also a bit pricey

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-28

Pros: Delicious toasty, Great coffee

Cons: Not too environmentally friendly

Jay13

Points +192

15 Apr 2022

Tastes great but over priced

They charge more for gluten free even though gluten free bread is hugely smaller so you get less. And I expect a public holiday surcharge but when it's $7 it's getting quite excessive.

Pros: Delicious toasties, Delicious smoothies

Cons: Expensive , Charge more for gf but it's smaller

madelinekrause

Points +1936

29 Mar 2022

average

service was super lovely but my bowl was just okay..got the carmel karma bowl w/ an acai base ($16). def just tasted like a normal acai bowl and not carmel at all:/

VEllaK

Points +20

23 Jan 2022

Defo Recommend

Lovely staff , super yummy toasties and acai bowls!

Pros: Fully Vegan , Lots of options

Milly_Moo

Points +51

29 Dec 2021

Great cafe

Loved that everything is vegan and I didn't have to do an ingredient check before ordering. The food was tasty and the juices and smoothies are delicious. I'll definitely go back. #Veganuary

Pros: 100% plant based, Lots of savoury and sweet options, Friendly, helpful staff

MichaelAlf

Points +329

27 Dec 2021

Nice little cafe

It was our first vegan stop after being away for more than two years.
Yummy coffee and nice food.

We already went back again. #Veganuary

Pros: Location , Staff, Nice options

LiT

Points +99

14 Nov 2021

Food okay, BUT so much single-use waste

The photos are misleading; you get the impression that they have (and use) cutlery and crockery. We ordered coffees to have there. They put it in disposable/single-use cups. The waitress even poured the milk into disposable cups. I commented on how disappointed I was about it. What a waste! They did not give us serviettes or even cutlery. When I asked for cutlery, again, they brought single-use cutlery. When I commented on it, the waitress made a disinterested comment about covid. I have been to many other restaurants (since lockdown ended), and they all used proper cutlery and crockery.
I wanted to support a place that makes it easy to be environmentally conscious and not contribute to single-use waste. The entire experience gave me the impression that they are lazy; it was sloppy, wasteful, and disappointing.

Pros: "Tuna" melt toastie is excellent, Plant-based options

Cons: Single use cups & cutler used with a sit down meal, Sloppy attitude towards feedback

AnnaBarlow

Points +22

04 Sep 2021

Yummy Vegan Food

Great food every time with friendly service.

Pros: All vegan food , Great service , Yummy food