Julia & Julia

+354-7702142

Hverfisgata 15 (at Culture House museum), Reykjavik, Iceland, 101

Serves fish, vegan options available. Bakery, cafe, and bar inside the museum offering simple brunch, lunch, and pastries. Food is vegetarian except for salmon on bagel. Has vegan desserts, peanut butter banana toast, occasional other items, and plant milk for coffee drinks. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Bakery, European, Non-veg

First Review by turtleveg

For the most bang for your buck, get the soup! - Edit

I stopped in here for a light lunch and was really impressed with the vibe! I had a hummus and date sandwich for 1000kr and it was really delicious, but really REALLY small. It was more finger food than a proper lunch, but my husband ordered the soup on offer (always vegan) for the same price and his portion was much bigger. After we ate we split the vegan chocolate cake and THAT was phenomenal.

Pros: sweet vibe, free WiFi

Cons: smaller portions

simple but fancy! - Edit

We loved checking out Julia & Julia bakery/cafe inside the Culture House museum. The menu is simple with basic brunch/lunch options but they are excited about offering vegan options and create things not on the menu regularly. For example when we went they have a vegan cream cheese style spread with fennel to put on toast/bagel. It was so delicious and creamy, and the fennel was a nice touch. We also had a fantastically rich chocolate cake. I ordered french press coffee and the server offered to give me steamed soy milk which I happily took her up on - and I was super impressed at how foamy it was. Maybe it's the museum/Culture House, marble tables, or the doilies on the tables that makes it feel fancy but whatever it was I felt like I was at a fancy tea house and thoroughly enjoyed it!
They also serve wine, beer, etc. It would be a great place for an afternoon drink!

Pros: vegan friendly and welcoming, delicious food and coffee

Cons: limited menu and hours

Return to Reykjavik Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Julia & Julia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.