CLOSED: Juju's Bakery and Cafe

303-515-7126

1619 Coalton Rd (at Rock Creek Pkwy), Superior, Colorado, USA, 80027

Serves meat, vegan options available. Owner is a dietary vegan. Offers many vegan menu items including pancakes, tofu scrambles, breakfast burritos, soups, artisan breads and paninis. Menu advertises that almost any dish can be made vegan by request. Small cafe atmosphere specializing in locally sourced and organic foods. Reported closed to HappyCow June 2013.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by veggoodness

New favorite vegan breakfast! - Edit

Just tried Juju's for the first time and will definitely be back! Finally, a vegan breakfast in the Boulder area worth going out for. This little gem is located in a strip mall in Superior, not far from Flatiron Crossing, but once you're inside you feel like you could be in Boulder on Pearl Street. Great upscale bakery /cafe atmosphere, and the food! The food is awesome. I got a vegan omelet (made with tofu and chickpea flour so that it held together) stuffed with veggies and herbed vegan cream cheese. Delish! It came with a slice of their fresh-baked sourdough toast (spread with olive oil, no butter) and roasted rosemary potato wedges, plus choice of two sides (I got a tempeh sausage patty and beautiful fresh fruit) for $9. I don't know how they do it for that price...the fruit cup was fresh raspberries and blackberries only, and that alone would normally raise the price a few bucks. Our waitress was also very friendly and knowledgeable, since she was a vegan herself. As an added bonus, our hostess had brought complimentary non-vegan raisin bread to the table, but when she learned I was vegan, she came back with some vegan rye bread with an herbed olive oil drizzle. Highly recommended - can't wait to go back and try their vegan panini sandwich. Definitely worth the 15 minute drive from Boulder.

Pros: Thoughtful, well-crafted vegan options, Vegan-knowledgeable staff, Great value for the price

Cons: Not located next door to my house

veggoodness 14 Apr 2013 - Just went back to Juju's and had the omelet again - couldn't resist, so tasty! This time we also tried the cinnamon roll, which both I and my omnivore companion agreed was fantastic. It might have been the best vegan cinnamon roll I've ever had...much bigger and fluffier than Watercourse cinnamon rolls. The service was also excellent again...friendly and timely, but not obtrusive. We had a chance to chat with Dave, the owner, today. He was walking around to the tables to see how everyone was doing. He really seems to care, and to know what he is doing. He described a carmelized balsamic tofu wrap with Daiya cheese and red pepper veganaise that he's going to be adding to the menu that sounds fantastic. Oh, I'm such a fangirl for this place.

Return to Superior Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Juju's Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.