Juicy4U

• ( 46 reviews )

11 Ratchamanka Rd, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Colorful cafe behind the eastern corner of Moon Mueang Rd. Serves Thai food, western breakfast, a house-made veggie burger, soups, salads, hot drinks, a variety of vegetable juices and fruit smoothies. Uses fresh organic produce from its own farm. Current owners since Nov 2012.
Note November 2021: Restaurants in Thailand may open for indoor dining, but some provinces are requiring restaurants to close for dine-in by 9:00pm. Call to check hours before going. Alcohol is not permitted in restaurants in any province. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Breakfast

First Review by Pea

evoontoast

Points +886

29 Nov 2019

Get your vegan burger elsewhere

Nice little place, and I can’t say if the juices are nice or not - but do what I didn’t and read the reviews re: the veggie burger first! Definitely bland and pretty boring for 110 baht - the taste of the patty was overpowered by the lacklustre wholemeal bread buns (!) and texture wise it was unremarkably kinda mushy. It comes with small portions of relish/sauce, but the amount of sauce didn’t suffice and I had to drench it in the table bottle of Heinz chilli sauce for some flavour.

I’d recommend going to Good Souls to get your burger fix!

Pros: Fresh veggies/side salad, Burger buns lightly toasted and warm

Cons: Borrrrrrrring veg burger

HansM

Points +417

Raw
04 Apr 2019

10/10, rare, very rare .

Followers who know be by know, FB, Tripadv or Happy Cow, have noticed that I am most of the time critical. 10/10 is rare, very rare. This small restaurant and juice bar is in old city Chiang Mai opposite the well know vegan Dada cafe but opens only between 07 am till 2 pm daily. I had a nice, no added sugar, fresh juice and a pumpkin soup (outside its about 38C). Followed by an improvised avocado & sunflower sprouts on two small pieces of bread. I was at last in heaven, while Vegan Heaven restaurant is just 300 m further down the road. Paid B220 (€6,25) which was excellent! Coming from Koh Samui, having only 1 Vegan (Khunay) restaurant, I was glad to this stop-over in Chiang Mai, despite the very bad airquality here.

Pros: Many choices, Nice staff/owner, Excellent food

ThaísAlonso

Points +204

20 Nov 2018

Good to go!

Nice and cheap restaurant! The food menu is not extensive but it has a good amount of options to choose from and there's plenty of juice options. We went there for breakfast and lunch and were not disappointed.

Guest

30 Oct 2018

Love the Khao Soi

Nice family restaurant, very chill atmosphere and food that tastes really good. You can drink delicious healthy juices to the food. Have eaten Khao Soi there many times and have never been disappointed. But the massaman is also good!

Pros: Khao Soi, Tasty juice

DesMc

Points +38

24 Aug 2018

ok limited menu

Trust the name Juicy for you. It’s primarily a juice bar. We came here hoping to find some more vegan food options for breakfast. The menu is pretty limited however the juice was nice no added sugars and a variety. It would be awesome if they would have coco yoghurt!

lskladanek

Points +15

19 Apr 2018

The Cutest Little Veg Cafe

Loved the vibes of this place and the AMAZING fresh squeezed juices. So excited to be staying right next door. I’ll be here every morning!

MagnusDanielson

Points +39

Mostly Veg
25 Feb 2018

good but a bit pricy

Really excellent food, fresh ingredients and so forth... but a tad expensive for what you get... felt a bit “hipster”

VeganGecko

Points +271

18 Jun 2017

Small place, great food

This small place serves amazing vegan burgers and yummy fruit juices that are very fresh. Definitely has a more western feel to it though.

Rosa veg

Points +2068

13 Apr 2017

Good vegan options

We ate here a couple of times and we really enjoyed the food . Juices are fresh, the vegan burger is simply amazing and also the salads we tried were delicious . The place is small but cozy and the staff is friendly

Pros: Nice place

Niller

Points +29

16 Mar 2017

good4me

This is one of the first juice, fruit and veggie places in town, for years it used to be our safe haven in a world of fish sauce infused wannabe vegetarian food. This firstmover is still super cosy and perfect for modern day yoginis, but probably not still no 1. But I'll be back, I guess. After all ..., the revolution that turned CM into a heaven for vegan foodies has one of it' offsprings right here ...

iriiiss

Points +156

13 Dec 2016

Cute place

The restaurant and it's owners are so cute! We tried the burgers which were okay but you can get better ones from the opposite side of the street. Actually the burgers are very much alike but bit more expensive here. Nice vibes and healthy smoothie options which we didn't try though. Could be better and have more options on the menu.

Pros: Sweet staff, Okay food

coconut.charlie

Points +62

23 Nov 2016

simple but good

very small simple little restaurant with not a huge variety but what they do they do well

Mike Munsie

Points +3300

08 Nov 2016

centrally located vego restaurant with vegan options

the restaurant is located a few minutes walk from Thapae Gate ... there vegan options and lots of drink options ... the vegi burger (฿110) with condiments in side dishes was nice and the massaman curry with brown rice (฿90) was very good ... staff were polite but the interaction was limited to their taking my order and me paying the bill (to me it's worth an extra star when staff make you feel welcome and engage in some conversation) ... moderate pricing given the quantity and quality of the food

Pros: good location, vegan options, reggae music

Cons: no wifi ... staff not interactive with customers

karina__la

Points +37

03 Nov 2016

Disappointed

I came here as I heard many good things about their Vegan Burgers. I cannot really support this recommendation and was honestly disappointed after all that I've heard. I found the portion seize very small and the Burger pretty tasteless especially considering the price...
The staff also appeared very bored.
Overall not a good experience.

Pros: -

Cons: pricy , taste, small portion

Lep10

Points +111

26 Sep 2016

Hip cafe in Old Town

This is a cozy little veggie restaurant with funky decor, nice reggae music playing, and two resident chihuahuas. Menu has western and traditional Thai items. Vegan items aren't clearly marked but staff will tell you if a dish can be made vegan or not. Staff speaks good English. Veggie burger was decent, not too flavorful but well formed and didn't fall apart like some veggie burgers tend to. Khao Soi was more tasty and well seasoned.

LinaBrooks

Points +361

11 Jun 2016

Let down

A very disappointing visit, this place was recommended to us several times. We Ordered vegan sandwich, smoothie and sweet and sour veg dishes.
- Pineapple in sweet and sour was off, rice undercooked.
- Ketchup was off
- Bread in the sandwich was off, as i could taste mouldy edge of the bread

smoothie was great though

Pros: Atmosphare was great, funky music , staff was friendly and good level of english

Cons: food was off and didn't taste particularly good

vegantravellermimi

Points +131

12 May 2016

Disappointed on their vegan burger

We went there because the vegan burger looked so good in photo.
We order with additional avocado but it just taste blunt and does not worth what we have paid for at all.
Do not recommend the burger here.

Kelly Kelly

Points +3361

12 Apr 2016

Hit and miss

Juicy4u

5 Ratchamanka Rd Chiang Mai, Thailand - behind the eastern corner of Moon Mueang Rd. – across the street from the Dada Kafé

Very friendly staff

Veggie burger was undercooked and mushy – average tasting yet the condiments were great

Ginger-pineapple-beet and apple freshly juiced was very refreshing

Pad Thai was fantastic!

Mon-Sun 8:30am-7:00pm

Pros: Friendly staff, Great Pad Thai

Cons: Under-cooked mushy burger

freezer966

Points +176

28 Mar 2016

Friendly, good english, tasty

Had great pancakes and really good smoothies there for breakfast! Also tried their Vegan Burger and Sandwhiches, which I xan both recommend. Prices are a little above cheap.

Pros: good understanding of veganism, nice owner

Avatar erikverone

erikverone

Points +30

27 Mar 2016

Not as welcoming as it was

We've been there several times a year ago and loved that restaurant. It was one of our best addresses in Chiang Mai. As we're back in Chiang Mai, we wanted to go back there. And after a few time we found the restaurant closed for no reasons we ended up by having a breakfast there.
The food was still good but the staff is just not fun... It seemed that they were bored and barely answered nor smiled.
So, we were a bit disappointed about that lately. Too much success maybe or just bad days?
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 26, 2016

Updated from previous review on Saturday March 26, 2016

Pros: Good food, Reasonable price

Cons: Not happy staff, Average vibe

thenaturalfusions

Points +3052

17 Feb 2016

Love the atmosphere!

It's a nice place to hang out with friends, good vibes and good food!

Was there during the Thai Fruit Festival (june 2015) with vegan mates

mortem1

Points +1235

13 Dec 2015

So sweet place!

I like this cafe because it very animal friendly place! I miss for my pets and very happy that in this cafe live cat and dog :)

Nice decor, so simple and interesting! Very friendly and cute staff!
Menu not big, but food is delicious. I like vegan burger and Massaman Curry.
Very tasty mango-banana smoothie. Good prices!

Pros: Animal friendly, Good prices

Cons: Small menu

Guest

10 Dec 2015

Burger!! so Good!! :O

Best vegetarian burger I had in Thailand. The sauces are a great add to it. Also had some other dishes , very delicious!! it's cheap and good food!! staff is a bit moody sometimes ....but that is ok.

Pros: Best vegetarian burger , cheap , delicious

Cons: sometimes when it's too busy it can take a while

MeikoNeuman

Points +249

05 Dec 2015

place like jamaica

Nice friendly people. Food is ok for eating once or twice.

Pros: smoothies, friendly

Cons: 2 time visit was little bit boring, need to rethin

uschiverena

Points +340

24 Nov 2015

great vegan banana pancake

We had the vegan banana pancake which was very good. The woman working there was alone so it wasn't the quickest service, but that was ok. She served us butter but realised we don't eat it so we got peanut butter instead. That was nice! The juice we got wasn't fresh though.

Zambezikid

Points +402

12 Nov 2015

Decent flavours

Had a very nice khao soy here (traditional Chiang Mai coconut curry soup).

They don't have very much to offer on the menu and so I had a rather stodgy burger to go with my soup.

Pros: Decent flavour Thai food

Cons: Stodgy burger, Small range of dishes

VeganEllise

Points +157

29 Sep 2015

Very good!

I love the place it's very relaxed and hippieish in a good way! The staff is super friendly and the food and juice/smoothies are really good :) they have a cat and a dog running around which I really liked because it made it seem more like home :)

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Juicy4U closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.