Juicy4U

n/a

5 Ratchamanka Rd, Chiang Mai, Thailand,

Colorful cafe behind the eastern corner of Moon Mueang Rd. Serves Thai food, western breakfast, a house-made veggie burger, soups, salads, hot drinks, a variety of vegetable juices and fruit smoothies. Uses fresh organic produce from its own farm. Current owners since Nov 2012. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Pea

Good vegan options - Edit

We ate here a couple of times and we really enjoyed the food . Juices are fresh, the vegan burger is simply amazing and also the salads we tried were delicious . The place is small but cozy and the staff is friendly

Pros: Nice place

good4me - Edit

This is one of the first juice, fruit and veggie places in town, for years it used to be our safe haven in a world of fish sauce infused wannabe vegetarian food. This firstmover is still super cosy and perfect for modern day yoginis, but probably not still no 1. But I'll be back, I guess. After all ..., the revolution that turned CM into a heaven for vegan foodies has one of it' offsprings right here ...

Cute place - Edit

The restaurant and it's owners are so cute! We tried the burgers which were okay but you can get better ones from the opposite side of the street. Actually the burgers are very much alike but bit more expensive here. Nice vibes and healthy smoothie options which we didn't try though. Could be better and have more options on the menu.

Pros: Sweet staff, Okay food

simple but good - Edit

very small simple little restaurant with not a huge variety but what they do they do well

centrally located vego restaurant with vegan options - Edit

the restaurant is located a few minutes walk from Thapae Gate ... there vegan options and lots of drink options ... the vegi burger (฿110) with condiments in side dishes was nice and the massaman curry with brown rice (฿90) was very good ... staff were polite but the interaction was limited to their taking my order and me paying the bill (to me it's worth an extra star when staff make you feel welcome and engage in some conversation) ... moderate pricing given the quantity and quality of the food

Pros: good location, vegan options, reggae music

Cons: no wifi ... staff not interactive with customers

Disappointed - Edit

I came here as I heard many good things about their Vegan Burgers. I cannot really support this recommendation and was honestly disappointed after all that I've heard. I found the portion seize very small and the Burger pretty tasteless especially considering the price...
The staff also appeared very bored.
Overall not a good experience.

Pros: -

Cons: pricy , taste, small portion

Hip cafe in Old Town - Edit

This is a cozy little veggie restaurant with funky decor, nice reggae music playing, and two resident chihuahuas. Menu has western and traditional Thai items. Vegan items aren't clearly marked but staff will tell you if a dish can be made vegan or not. Staff speaks good English. Veggie burger was decent, not too flavorful but well formed and didn't fall apart like some veggie burgers tend to. Khao Soi was more tasty and well seasoned.

Let down - Edit

A very disappointing visit, this place was recommended to us several times. We Ordered vegan sandwich, smoothie and sweet and sour veg dishes.
- Pineapple in sweet and sour was off, rice undercooked.
- Ketchup was off
- Bread in the sandwich was off, as i could taste mouldy edge of the bread

smoothie was great though

Pros: Atmosphare was great, funky music , staff was friendly and good level of english

Cons: food was off and didn't taste particularly good

Disappointed on their vegan burger - Edit

We went there because the vegan burger looked so good in photo.
We order with additional avocado but it just taste blunt and does not worth what we have paid for at all.
Do not recommend the burger here.

Hit and miss - Edit

Juicy4u

5 Ratchamanka Rd Chiang Mai, Thailand - behind the eastern corner of Moon Mueang Rd. – across the street from the Dada Kafé

Very friendly staff

Veggie burger was undercooked and mushy – average tasting yet the condiments were great

Ginger-pineapple-beet and apple freshly juiced was very refreshing

Pad Thai was fantastic!

Mon-Sun 8:30am-7:00pm

Pros: Friendly staff, Great Pad Thai

Cons: Under-cooked mushy burger

Friendly, good english, tasty - Edit

Had great pancakes and really good smoothies there for breakfast! Also tried their Vegan Burger and Sandwhiches, which I xan both recommend. Prices are a little above cheap.

Pros: good understanding of veganism, nice owner

Not as welcoming as it was - Edit

We've been there several times a year ago and loved that restaurant. It was one of our best addresses in Chiang Mai. As we're back in Chiang Mai, we wanted to go back there. And after a few time we found the restaurant closed for no reasons we ended up by having a breakfast there.
The food was still good but the staff is just not fun... It seemed that they were bored and barely answered nor smiled.
So, we were a bit disappointed about that lately. Too much success maybe or just bad days?
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 26, 2016

Updated from previous review on Saturday March 26, 2016

Pros: Good food, Reasonable price

Cons: Not happy staff, Average vibe

Love the atmosphere! - Edit

It's a nice place to hang out with friends, good vibes and good food!

Was there during the Thai Fruit Festival (june 2015) with vegan mates

So sweet place! - Edit

I like this cafe because it very animal friendly place! I miss for my pets and very happy that in this cafe live cat and dog :)

Nice decor, so simple and interesting! Very friendly and cute staff!
Menu not big, but food is delicious. I like vegan burger and Massaman Curry.
Very tasty mango-banana smoothie. Good prices!

Pros: Animal friendly, Good prices

Cons: Small menu

Burger!! so Good!! :O - Edit

Best vegetarian burger I had in Thailand. The sauces are a great add to it. Also had some other dishes , very delicious!! it's cheap and good food!! staff is a bit moody sometimes ....but that is ok.

Pros: Best vegetarian burger , cheap , delicious

Cons: sometimes when it's too busy it can take a while

place like jamaica - Edit

Nice friendly people. Food is ok for eating once or twice.

Pros: smoothies, friendly

Cons: 2 time visit was little bit boring, need to rethin

great vegan banana pancake - Edit

We had the vegan banana pancake which was very good. The woman working there was alone so it wasn't the quickest service, but that was ok. She served us butter but realised we don't eat it so we got peanut butter instead. That was nice! The juice we got wasn't fresh though.

Decent flavours - Edit

Had a very nice khao soy here (traditional Chiang Mai coconut curry soup).

They don't have very much to offer on the menu and so I had a rather stodgy burger to go with my soup.

Pros: Decent flavour Thai food

Cons: Stodgy burger, Small range of dishes

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Juicy4U closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.