CLOSED: Juicy Jones - Hospital

+34-934439082

C/Hospital 74 (at barrio Raval, Metro Liceu), Barcelona, Spain, 08001

Larger of the 2 Juicy Jones vegan restaurants in Barcelona. Offers a meal-of-the-day that includes a soup with bread, a sample plate various small vegan dishes, and a dessert. Also makes seitan, tofu, vegetable sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts, juices, teas. Colorful, funky atmosphere. Confirmed closed, Jan 2016. Open Tue-Sun 10:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by gregoryibib

One of my favorites in BCN - Edit

So sad to see this place has closed. The funky decor was uplifting and the food was excellent!

Juicy Jones is now closed - Edit

Adeu JJ. You served my well for nearly 20years.

Mediocre food, good juices - Edit

I had dinner here once and both me and my friend were not impressed. Sure, it's cheap, but the burger was dry and the rest of the meal wasn't great either. We did return to drink another juice though, since we did like those a lot.

Pros: Great juices, Cheap

Cons: Mediocre food

Great - Edit

Food here was great, plenty of choice and not bad price. Service was good and the menu was varied, plenty of choice, my picky veggie son even managed to find something he liked. Well worth a visit.

Pros: Good Food

surprise! - Edit

When I went in I noticed the very busy interior and the very empty room, that was due to the fact that I was not on Spanish rithm and was of therefore way to early to eat :p
By the time I left, the place was packed.
The food was great, I was very pleasently surprised by the many flavors in this one dish!
My smoothy was delicious.
I'd go back

Psychedelic - Edit

It doesn't look like much when you go past. Its brightly painted and was pretty much empty when we sat down but the food and drink was lovely.

They have a good breakfast menu and a huge juice menu as you would expect. The food is very much value for money, the drinks are a bit over priced and take a very long time to appear. We got ours long after we had ordered and then eaten our breakfast. That is the only downside to this place though.

Pros: Lovely staff, Great food

Cons: Drinks take a long time

Nice place - Edit

Lovely place. Quite big. Food was lovely and not too pricee.

Pros: central,

Colourful Surroundings and Delicious Smoothie - Edit

I went by myself in the evening when it was quite quiet; the waiter was polite and almost timid – a contrast to the very colourful surroundings, but not in a bad way. I had a very delicious smoothie (spinach, avocado, lime, apple) and what I think was mushroom balls with salad. It did taste a little microwaved but still pretty good. I would recommend it – if just for the smoothie and surroundings!

Pros: Vegan, Colourful Surroundings, Fresh Smoothie

Cons: Food not fresh

Great - Edit

Excellent menu, good value for money. Great food, vegan and vegetarian options and delicious but pricey juices. Service is not the best one, seems as if they were as high as the restaurant decoration indicates ;) If you are in Raval and you are hungry, it will be one of the best choices.

Pros: price, location, food

Cons: service, juices prices

Average food, tired staff, good value - Edit

The place is really colourful. Eve too much for my taste.
You would expect the staff to be just as friendly and energetic, but that is not the case.
Both waiter and waitress were a bit unfriendly or at least not so talkative.
We had menu: gazpacho and macaroni bolognese for starters, eggplant and potato cake for main, Crema catalana and cheesecake for dessert.
Crema catalana and gazpacho were really good, the cheesecake a bit too sugary and the rest too tasty for my taste.
As a whole very good value for money, but food is average and staff could be friendlier.
If I had to recommend a vegan place in Barcelona I would probably choose elsewhere.

Pros: Value for money

Not that good! - Edit

We had the American burger that only tasted Dijon mustard. The potatos was not fresh. There was no service at all. We will not recommend this place or eat here again.

Pros: vegan

Cons: no service, not fresh food

Vegan Brunch! - Edit

Loved it! Went with my gf for brunch here. The colourful interior should be enough to entice anyone inside! They played some nice old time music too.
They had a great variety of juices and food options. I'd definitely recommend the brunch if you're there early. Great value and a big meal! Omelette, fresh bread, sandwiches, muesli and fruit, tea and juice were all included.
I would have liked to try their juices as they had a nice selection.
Located just off La Ramblas, easy to get to and worth it!

Pros: Excellent brunch, Cool vibe, Great value

Classic spot, great location - Edit

I can remember a time when Juicy Jones was basically the only vegan spot in town, and one of the few vegetarian ones. It's changed little since then, which is kind of comforting in a way. Nice to come back and have "Sweet Kryptonite" (an avocado/pistachio smoothie) waiting for you, just like it was 10 years ago. Still the same good thalis and other creative food. Not fancy, but definitely fun.

Pros: classic, not too pricey, fun

Cons: not always consistent, good area, but not exactly for everybody, service can be slow

Good food, good value - Edit

Went there twice, Nov. 2014, couple.

The food seems to change each day. Cheap options, definitely worth the price. The food is good and varied but a bit "amateurish" in the sense that the quality & tastiness varies quite a bit from one dish to the other.

All vegan place, they serve vegan wine too. Their smoothies are pretty good and the offer is amazing + they have cool names.

I rate it 4* because of the amateurish part. From our experience you're not guaranteed a great dish, but the chances are good.

Pros: tasty, cheap

Best vegan food in Barcelona - Edit

We've been to Juicy Jones twice since arriving in Barcelona and will go there again. Food is awesome, tasty and always well displayed. The juices are SO good too. Staff is extra friendly and helpful.
We love the atmosphere of the restaurant - especially all the vibrant colours..so positive :)

Pros: Tasty food, Cheap, Atmosphere

great food, slow and uninterested service - Edit

We had a nice lunch at Juicy Jones on our first day in Barcelona. The juices were fantastic, especially the mint lemonade. My partner ordered the menu which is three courses but I just ordered a main and they served his entree and my main at the same time and didn't bring his main mean or a long time after we had both finished. This was awkward for him to sit and eat while I sat with the dirty dishes they wouldn't clear from the table. We also had to ask three different wait staff for the dessert. The food was tasty, I was very happy with the ravioli.
Would not recommend if you are wanting a quick meal but if you are happy to hang around check it out!

Pros: tasty food, reasonable price

Cons: staff are slow and uninterested, served 1 main with entree

Still great food, but where are the staff? - Edit

This was my first visit to Juicy Jones in this location - I'd enjoyed the food on previous visits to the Cardenal restaurant. The menu was very similar and still really good value, but in this bigger space on a Saturday evening there was only one hard worked waitress. As a result, service was a bit slow and I had to remind her about the dessert I'd ordered. Despite that it was enjoyable and I'd definitely recommend eating there.

Pros: Excellent value menu del dia, Nice big dining space

Cons: Too few staff

Good food, fun atmosphere - Edit

Many great options, friendly staff and prompt service.

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Juicy Jones - Hospital closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.