Juice Press

Contact 212-777-0034

33 Boylston St, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, USA, 02467

NY juice chain. Offers grab-n-go format organic juices, smoothies, acai bowls, sweets, prepared raw food and salads. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by VeganVegabond

Pricey but veganlicious - Edit

Juice Press--the mostly raw food 100+ store NYC behemoth--has landed in Massachusetts. Despite being annoyed by its decidedly elitist eat well and live forever marketing nonsense, we had to check it out.

I've included a number of photos - including the shamelessly male pandering guns n' roses paradise city sign - the inside is quite disorienting. There are two large counters and refrigerators wth avocado toast, juice pressed bottled products, etc--that make you feel boxed and disoriented. This is NYC style high end vegan grab n go or snarf in sparse seating chic (I guess)--in any event on to the food.

I had a delicious cup of lentil mushroom soup, an almond butter cup smoothie, and kale and spinach salad with excellent seed mix. Despite my doubts, the salad was excellent - far superior to Honey grow - crisper greens not overly dressed and tons of seeds. The lentil mushroom chili likewise was well seasoned comforting and, well, "homey" (Lentils and mushrooms are daily staples).

My partner had avocado toast, bottled strawberry shake with helpful, if not terrifying warnings about non-pasteurization, and fantastic raw vegan chocolates.

The damage? $50+

So despite its leisurely vibe juice press would not be a common stop for me. I'm perplexed in a Whole foods kind of way - leisurely cafes and grocery stores shouldn't be in the business of making plant based eating a lifestyle of the rich and meatless.

On the other hand, everything we ate was outstanding.

Pros: Delicious and fresh plant based food, Excellent service

Cons: Too expensive, Tacky bourgeoise bohemian "artwork"

Return to Chestnut Hill Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Juice Press closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 186 times since Jul 2016.