Judahlicious

415-665-8423

3906 Judah St (at 44th near Ocean Beach, Outer Sunset district), San Francisco, California, USA, 94122

Small cafe serving juices, hemp milk smoothies, raw food, cooked vegan food, wheatgrass, vegan frozen treats. Food is made to order. Four indoor tables for eat-in. Very relaxed atmosphere. A good place to stop at before heading to Ocean Beach. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-7:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by rebeccaj

Delicious food in a cozy atmosphere - Edit

I've only been to Judahlicious twice, but it is already one of my favorite vegan spots in the city. They have a variety of both cooked and raw vegan options, and the smoothies are incentive and delicious. Portions are very generous, the workers are friendly and accommodating, and the place itself is cozy and welcoming. Definitely stop by for a quick bite to eat or a satisfying meal!

Pros: Yummy food, Lots of options, Good vibes

Comfort Breakfast - Edit

The Breakfast Burmosa is a warm dose of vegan comfort food, perfect for a cold and rainy morning in the City by the Bay. Like a big savory breakfast burrito it's an interesting and exotic twist on more traditional fare. Yum-my!

Pros: Cute little corner cafe. , Nice quiet SF neighborhood.

All Vegan Food Menu in This Cute Cafe - Edit

We hadn't tried this place until recently because we didn't realize that all of their food is vegan--it serves some dairy smoothies but all of the savory and sweet food items are pure vegan. And everything we've tried is good to outstanding. Two raw dishes were superb: (1) stuffed portobella with caulflower, kale, onion, bellpepper, avocado and cashew creme; (2) the raw "Nahbo Taco" in a collard leaf with sunflower pate, avocado, onion, shredded carrot , date paste, and curry cashew creme. The presentation is beautiful and way beyond what you'd expect from a cafe. The burrito and the soup "mahendra" were also excellent. The "Exodus" is basically a stir fried brown rice with a small amount of veggies--tasty but not in the same league as the other dishes on the menu. The special of the week was an awesome home-made vegan burger. They also have a whole display of vegan and raw desserts that look gorgeous.

Pros: Fun quiet neighborhood spot, Amazing all vegan food menu, Several raw menu items and lots of juices

Cons: Parking can be a challenge, Small dining area so may be times where seating is

too good! - Edit

Everything I tried here has been fab: Naked Burrito, waffles, sandwich thingy (super spicy though, which doesn't say on the menu) and superfood smoothie - delischhh!
The blueberry cupcake was not a big fv though, but I just love everything about this place: location, atmosphere, style... Brilliant.

food was good, but it's expensive - Edit

I and my spouse came here with my daughter and we enjoyed the food and the smoothies. But the place is too informal for my taste and for the price. It came out pretty expensive considering that it is not full-service, that there are eclectic tables and chairs, etc. My spouse did enjoy the waffle and I tasted it and it was quite tasty, and of course real maple syrup is the way to go. I ate the Exodus, which was good, but not something amazing. The grain, veggie stews, etc. are not so different from stuff I can make at home. When I go out to eat vegan I like food that is not what I can do myself.
There isn't a great selection, especially if you don't like to eat a lot of beans.

Pros: Food was tasty, smoothies very good

Cons: atmosphere rather basic, limited selection, expensive for what you get

My Acai Bowl go-to place - Edit

My first Acai Bowl ever was from here. I will always go back for more. It was huge, but delicious. Perfect combination of granola and smoothie. I can't wait to try the waffle. I have also tried the smoothies and the raw desserts. They have raw vegan, vegan and vegetarian options.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 24, 2014

in love with food, location, service - Edit

Love everything. Simple concept, everything is vegan, raw options, this makes me happy. I asked the kitchen about the recipe to the raw granola and they where very helpful.... Great food, we had acai and no shoes, no shirt and both where great.

Loved All The Food! - Edit

I got a fruit smoothie and half of a sandwich that was in a pita with hummus and lots of fresh greens. My sister got the acai bowl, which is better than ice cream, in my opinion. Our friend got a raw dish with marinated mushrooms that I thought was excellent. They were out of rice when we came, so they didn't have a couple menu options we would have chosen. But what we got was so great that I really cannot hold it against them. The service was a bit slow, but very friendly. I want to eat the entire raw menu! They had a separate menu of dairy smoothies, which seems unnecessary to me, but it's the only non-vegan item I observed.

Pros: Great Food, Raw, Fresh

Cons: Slow Service, Runs Out Of Menu Items

ah sie eee! - Edit

So Ive gone here for many years. They haven't had their vegan soft serve for a longtime, so I always end up getting the Acai bowl which is killer!! I do love raw food as well, but its pretty hit or miss here.Sometimes its like I paid 9bux for food someone obviously didn't care about making, and other times its good. The owner is very cool and knows his food. The juices on the other hand are great!

Pros: vegan options

fresh raw ice cream is great - Edit

Bohdi, the veggie owner makes it when he feels like it. Most likely it will be during the weekends. Or you can buy the ice cream prepackaged.

Great place but it's in cold location. If this was in LA, this place would be packed. The community really tries to support this place

Pros: ice cream, fresh, clean

poor service - Edit

arrived at 9am for breakfast, staff could see us waiting on sidewalk, but instead of opening the door they continued to clean, move boxes, etc, finally let us in at 9:05. Then server made us wait longer, rather than take our order to get the waffles going, she first had to clean the cash register (very meticulously wiping the keys, the display, etc). After we placed our order, they turned on some loud hard rock music, which is fine but maybe not at 9am with breakfast. We were turned off by the service, so we changed our order to go. The almond mocha ice cream was excellent, the waffles were okay, not great. Probably won't return.

Pros: good vegan ice cream

Cons: poor service

Wasn't wild about it - Edit

Disappointed by my trip to Judahlicious. The hemp ice cream was OK, nothing more - though the smoothie was delicious. Still, it's just a smoothie. I'm not huge on raw food to begin with, and sadly, this place confirmed everything I thought about it. The mango seaweed salad was revolting. Don't think the flavours went well together at all. It came with a tiny "tuna" sandwich that had no flavour whatsoever. For $12 I felt underwhelmed by the quantity and quality. Won't be back. Liked the look and feel of the place, though. By the ocean, it has a super atmosphere, which gets it an extra cow.

Pros: nice place

Cons: value

A neighborhood vegan restaurant. - Edit

This is not just a juice bar.

The first time I stopped in, I was expecting a juice bar, based on a review I read previously. So I had a smoothie and it was good, if a little pricey. The second time, I went for the food. Except for bee pollen (which I'm not inclined to hold against it), as near as I can tell, the food is entirely vegan, catering to both those who like their food cooked and those who like it raw. I'd have to look again to see if they use any dairy in any of their drinks.

I had their grain bowl, consisting of quinoa, a soup they have, and some veggies, for $8.50. I'm not a real big vegetable eater, but I left there satisfied and with a full stomach. The service was friendly and swift.

They also offer vegan waffles for breakfast, making it one of the few vegan restaurants in this part of the world that is actually open for breakfast. The counterperson I asked (on my first visit) wasn't sure of their opening time but thought it was 8 or 9 am.

So all that is good, but there are other reasons to consider this place. First, it is way out in the Sunset District. Yes, it is only a couple blocks from Golden Gate Park, but not a part of the park where there are lots of people. It is just far enough in from the ocean that you don't get crowds from there either. This is a place that serves its neighborhood, and from what I can see, their neighbors are happy. You'll be able to find parking without hunting for it very hard and if, like me, you occasionally wind up traversing San Francisco from the peninsula north during rush hour, a little extra navigation will bypass all that traffic and bring you out to this place where you'll find truly nutritious options and a pleasant place to wait out the traffic.

About the only drawback to this place is that it lacks WiFi. It is kind of a small restaurant, with only a few tables, so they probably couldn't handle a lot of people hanging out for hours. But it does somehow feel like the sort of place that ought to have WiFi.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, breakfast

Cons: no wifi

Vegan soft-serve ice cream! - Edit

The only thing on their menu I've tried so far is the hemp milk soft-serve ice cream, served in a compostable bowl with a little wooden spoon. I'm hooked on the stuff. Want some now!

Pros: soft serve!

Cons: A little pricey

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Judahlicious closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.