First Review by MaciejLach

it's pretty sweeeeeeet! - Edit

Yes like the other reviews say it's a bit 'hard to find' which it only took like 2 mins to figure out... it's upstairs past the yoga studio ;) haha but once you are there its in a perfect location, really cool setting and sort of nice it's tucked away the way it is. The soup that day was amazing, I felt satisfied. ..theres no like "menu" for food items rather just one specialty of the day which was a nice change instead of 'having to decide.' If I lived in Mtl I would love to frequent this place more.

Great food, nice place, small portions - Edit

I had some difficulties to find the place since it is inside a non-commercial building, but I were finally happy to eat there! The place is simple but quiet and allows to feel like at home. You will get out of your shoes and sit at a wood table. The atmosphere is pleasant, the food is vegan and the staff is friendly. There is usually only one dish each day, coming from different exotic countries. That day, I had a tamal, which was really good but it was a very small portion. I was still hungry when I left the place even if the dish was really good.

Pros: original and tasty food, friendly staff

Cons: small portions, place hard to find

Great little haven! - Edit

This place is excellent! The plates are 9$ now, but so worth it. If you get a membership you can buy a punch card and save some money. I love coming here after a yoga session at Moksha (they are on the same floor of the Warshaw building).

Chantal always cooks with great care and the presentation is lovely. Food is always fresh, healthy, and filling. She makes delicious curries and sauces. Plus homemade Kimchi! Excellent. I can't rave enough about this place. Everyone should try it. She's mostly only open for lunch (til 3) but some nights til 7. Find the restaurant on facebook for tips on hours and today's special :)

Pros: Creative, Always delicious, Beautiful space

Cons: only one option served

jubar review - Edit

We found the address, and it wasn't directly on the street. The lovely vegan kitchen was on the second floor, and then all the way around to the back. The owner, Chantal, is very warm and friendly, there is a little bar in front of the open kitchen, where one may sit and drink a healthy smoothie/juice. The sunlight coming through the windows facing the street, was spectacular.

Chantal has one special delicious plate per day. Have a seet at one of the tables, and then go up to the bar and order. When we went it was $8 Canadian. She speaks English so don't worry, but she doesn't mind helping you with your French, which was great, because I wanted to practice while I was in Montreal.

The food was amazing. That day there were jicama noodles, kimchee, ALL sorts of chopped vegetables, a lovely flavor and black sesame seeds sprinkled. The portion was perfect, and we had even been walking all day and this was just what we needed. Ask for "l'eau sil vous plait" if you want some water, and she will give you two little metal cups and a pitcher.

This is a VERY special little place. I highly recommend you pay Chantal a visit at JUBAR the next time you are in Montreal.

Pros: friendliness/accomodating, delicious food., pretty and relaxing space.

Cons: NONE

Return to Montreal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Le Jubar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8073 times since Jan 2012.