Juan's Flying Burrito - The CBD

Contact 504-529-5825

515 Barronne St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70113

Serves meat, vegan options available. Semi-fast food Mexican restaurant with few outlets; this one is short walk from Bourbon St. Cooks rice without chicken stock. Their refried beans are cooked in bacon grease, but black beans and pinto beans are vegan (reported Mar 2016). Kitchen cooks food to-order, so let your server know if you're veg/vegan. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by jomadyer

great place! - Edit

Juan's was recommended to us by a NoLa native, and it did not disappoint! There are so many options for vegans, especially if you just ask for no cheese. Their nachos loaded with beans and tofu were great, and I really enjoyed my veggie punk burrito (home fry potatoes, jalapeños, pinto beans, rice, lettuce, salsa--just ask for no cheese). The super green burrito is vegan, and my boyfriend really enjoyed that as well.

Fabulous! - Edit

This is a really cute little place that "gets it"! We ordered three burritos to sample for take-out; the bartender suggested the Mardi Gras Indian tacos, so we got those, too. Everything was fresh, healthy and simply delicious! For a couple of middle-aged vegetarians who love to travel but struggle with locating great meal options, this place was a wonderful discovery. We visit New Orleans annually and will DEFINITELY return to Juan's Flying Burritos!!!

Pros: Vegan options; they understand those of us who app

Cons: very reasonable

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Juan's Flying Burrito - The CBD closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 873 times since Apr 2015.