Joyful Coffee

Contact 035355295

102-3, Guanghua St, North District, Hsinchu, Taiwan, 300

Vegan turned vegetarian, this cafe opened July 2015 at 北區光華街102-3號 near Big City shopping centre. Offers meal sets, cakes, coffee and beverages. Open Mon-Tue 10:30am-7:30pm, Thu-Sun 10:30am-7:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Take-out, Bakery, Taiwanese

First Review by JesseD

Good Vegetarian Restaurant in Hsinchu - Edit

Update Nov 2015

Unfortunately Joyful Coffee is no longer all vegan, however staff appear to have a good understanding of veganism, for example they told me that one baked item was vegan and another wasn't vegan because it contained whey powder. Staff also speak some English. Food appears to be much the same burgers and fries. It's a decent option for Hsinchu, but I'd no longer recommend going far out of you way (ie a taxi from Hsinchu Station) any more now that it's not all vegan.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I lived in Hsinchu four years ago, and always wished there was a delicious, healthy, inexpensive vegan restaurant in the city. I used to sometimes ride my scooter to neighbouring Jhupei City to go to the Loving Hut.

I tried the Indonesian curry, and it tasted delicious and authentically Southeast Asian, something very difficult to find in Taiwan. The cupcake that came with the set was amazing, and the whole set itself excellent value. Having just opened when I went the menu was limited to about for main dishes, but that's enough, and I guess they'll expand more in time. Staff were very welcoming and the place had a great vibe and atmosphere.

It's a bit of a walk from Hsinchu Station, but it might be worth a taxi. It's easily walkable from the Big City shopping centre.

This is where I'll be going to eat every time I'm in Hsinchu. I just wish it had opened years ago!
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 12, 2015

Pros: delicious, helathy, inexpensive food, very pleasant restaurant

Cons: no longer all vegan

Return to Hsinchu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Joyful Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 683 times since Jul 2015.