Joy Veg Fruit Dining

790 Canterbury Rd, Belmore, Sydney, New South Wales, 2192

Finer vegetarian dining restaurant. Uses veggies and fruits. Limited seating, so book ahead. Enter on Allegra Ave. Open Tue-Sat 11:30am-2:00pm, 6:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Western

First Review by Pegomastax

Delicious and relaxing atmosphere - Edit

Great little local gem with unexpectedly good surprises to be found. Stunning array of vegetarian meals and great value. A six course vegetarian degustation for only $48! Being a vego place, I didn't expect myself to be full, but I was surprising stuffed! Favourite dish was the eggplant bowl and vegetarian 'shark fin' soup. Although service is a little slow, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back for more.

Pros: Great variety, Value for money, Chilled atmosphere

Cons: Slow service

Delighted :) - Edit

The food is delicious and well presented. Although I prefer raw food as much as possible, some infusion of mock meat(soy/gluten) do make the dishes more interesting. Atmosphere is great and family friendly.

disappointed - Edit

Had a very poor experience. Service was extremely slow. Waited for 80 minutes for the food to arrive. One of the orders was the set menu, the order the food arrived was muddled, first the main course, soup, another soup, then dessert & finally the entree. I have eaten at many mock meat restaurants before, the food quality at Joy Veg Fruit Restaurant was just adequate. And then, to top off a poor experience, the waitress was wearing a Hermes t shirt, which, I didn't expect to see in a cruelty free restaurant. Hermes is a company that kills animals for its products.

24 April 2015 lunch visit to Joy Veg Fruit Dining - Edit

This was the first time I visited this restaurant, which I found through Happy Cow. It's a new place which has been open for 6 months. Don't be fooled by the restaurant name; it isn't a raw food place and it doesn't sell fruit and veg groceries but rather, it's a clean, modern restaurant with a peaceful atmosphere.

They focus on set menus which come with free tea but individual dishes can still be ordered. The menus change every month so the menu isn't on the website. My friend and I had the 4 course set menu for $28 (see photo). We were allowed to choose different options, so I sampled some dishes my friend ordered. There was only 1 non-vegan option on the set menu.

1st course option 1 - Golden Flake and Salad - delicious
2nd course - Mock shark fin soup - I thought this was plain but my friend enjoyed it
3rd course option 1 - Veggie Duck in two flavours - taro gluten duck and lettuce duck sandwich - I thought the duck flavour was mild and there was more taro than duck. I still enjoyed the dish.
3rd course option 5 - Egglant and tofu dish - eggplant was nice and soft with a really great sauce.
4th course option 1 - Mushroom Chinese pasta soup which is a savoury dish, small in size and was quite good.
4th course option 2 - Gingko barley dessert which was like a porridge which I really enjoyed.

I'd definitely go back.

Pros: Most dishes are vegan, Delicious with good presentation, Cheap set menu prices

Cons: Expensive single menu price

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Joy Veg Fruit Dining closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.