Joy Noodles and Asian Cuisine

• Veg-friendly
Contact 561-655-5212

2200 S Dixie Hwy, West Palm Beach, Florida, USA, 33401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Owner is knowledgeable about veg diets, and some dishes can be made vegan if you ask. Vegan appetizers include veg samosa, vegetable and tofu dumplings, fried tofu sticks, edamame, and salads. For lunch or dinner, you pick your entree base such as noodles or rice with your choice of sauce, or soup with your choice of broth and then your protein (tofu) or just vegetables. All entrees come with fresh seasonal vegetables. Substitution for egg noodles is rice or soba noodles.

Category: Ovo, Chinese, Thai, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by kmilitello

Amazing restaurant! - Edit

I really love this restaurant. The owner and staff are so nice and accommodating. Everything I've tried has been delicious and they have a genuine concern for veg diets. The menu has a ton of different options. Do yourself a favor and try the mochi ice cream :)

Cons: Slightly expensive but you'll have leftovers!

Good Asian food but BE CAREFUL - Edit

I have been procrastinating writing this review because I used to love Joy Noodles and eat there almost weekly because of the wide selection of high quality vegan food, including organic tofu and local in season vegetables. Then, the last two visits have completely changed my overall feelings on the restaurant.

First, I visited and ordered the Changmai Soup with vegetables, soba noodles, and organic tofu, which is something that I have ordered dozens of time. I order it "vegan" with vegetable broth, and this time I had pieces of chicken in my soup. They used a chicken broth. I was disgusted. They were so busy that my order was never corrected. Very disappointing meal.

Then, I returned a second time and was told the Changmai noodles are almost always made with chicken broth (what???) but that they could make it with vegetable broth. This time, the broth tasted very plane and boring. It simply could have been a bad broth day (maybe not enough salt), but after getting chicken broth the time before I'm very skeptical that it has always had chicken or fish broth, even when I was told it was vegetarian. I am very wary to return.

I've previously had dozens of other dishes made vegan. Joy, the owner, is very sweet and promised to make things vegan. I've had spicy sesame noodle soup vegan, and rice based dishes made vegan. There are lots of vegan appetizers on the menu too and sorbets for dessert.

They get very busy and service gets slow. The last two times I had newer servers, and they could be by why my orders were not right, but then again, the staff could have been using the wrong broths the entire time. If you go, just be careful.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday April 23, 2014

Return to West Palm Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Joy Noodles and Asian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 875 times since Mar 2014.