CLOSED: Josie's West

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu is dairy-free but not totally vegetarian. Try the brunch. Clean minimalist decor. The other Josie's at 565 3rd Ave is no longer operating, 2012. AUG 2015 REPORTED SHUT, WEB GONE. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, American, International, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Non-veg
300 Amsterdam Ave (74th St, Manhattan)
New York City, New York 10023

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Poundie

Great quality food (veg and non veg)

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2014

This place serves consistently quality food. The vegetarian meals on the menu are a great quality. The also serve food for carnivores, steak etc. The menu is extensive, with a fair amount of vege selection. It is a nice meal and the prices come with it
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 01, 2014

Pros: decent vege options in non vege restraunt, consistent quality, near 72nd station
Cons: pricey

have been several times

Posted on 09 / 19 / 2008

We go when w a crowd of folks, usually a mix of veg and non-veg. This cafe and its sister up around the Beacon Theater during the ABB March run or NYE Mule run. They are both very nice and helpful. I have gotten some very good meals and some very average meals. I think it is alright, sometimes when I think if non-veg places or pass-by them, my stomach will hurt; but not here. It seems that it is not too in your face, and they have good breads and such. It just seems like they try their best and when they don't know they ask w/o giving an attitude even when they are slammed (NYE timeframe, hello).

Suggested for non-veg/veg dining experiences.

My vegan meal had very good dark greens, uncommonly good, even if it was a vegan cafe, which it isn't but they did it right.

Pros: great dark greens, clean cafe, helpful staff, good food

Place to go when with non-vegans

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2006

This is not a vegetarian restaurant, but the food is health oriendted and the vegetarian choices on the menu are excellent. Though I certainly don't go here all the time, when I am with friends who are meat-eaters who insist on going to a place that serves meat, this is among my top choices in they city. The decor is nice, and the service is good. Can get crowded, and the prices are not cheap.

Pros: Great food
Cons: pricey, can get crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Josie's West: