First Review by Mdrutz

Unique and Friendly - Edit

I'll admit, I was somewhat hesitant about eating here. My experience with asian vegetarian food has been very hit and miss. To top it off, there wasn't a single person there, meanwhile The Naam (highly overrated and rude) was packed. Granted, they had just opened, and it's a very new place.

Upon walking in, Josie was VERY friendly. It felt like you were at your grandparent's house and they just wanted to feed you. She brought us out little samplers to try while we waited. I ordered the Chinese Burger as I just wanted something small. I have no idea what makes it "Chinese," but it was very different from anything I've ever had. The bread was so good, and it was sweet. I would definitely order it again. The people I went with ordered various other items and I enjoyed everything I tried with the exception of the soup. That's pretty good for somebody as picky as me!

I will be returning and trying some of the other items on the menu! I hope more people catch onto this place!

Pros: Affordable, Friendly, Unique

Cons: The Naam is overshadowing them and shouldn't

Very friendly! - Edit

The food was really and the service so friendly. The owner was hilarious and so kind and loving! We ordered a few dishes to try: fried rice with veggie meats, veg stir fried and tofu sheet plate. We also got some radish cakes for starters. The service was fast, food was good but sadly not very gluten free friendly. Because I react negatively to gluten including soy sauce apparently, I enjoyed the food at the time but not so much after. My husband was fine and enjoyed the food and I absolutely recommend this lovely place to vegetarians or vegans who like Chinese food. The menu is small but everything can be made vegan if it is not vegan to start with so that still gives plenty of choice!!

Pros: Many vegan options, Very friendly service

Cons: GF options lacking

2 Responses

NancyMeatlessMeetup 26 May 2017 - While this review is positive to be sure, I think it should be reposted without the part about your personal food sensitivity and reaction.

vegan frog 26 May 2017 - I disagree. If someone tells me the food is gluten free and it isn't, then I think that customers need to know. This was a potentially not safe situation.

Good food, incredible hospitality - Edit

Josie, Ours offers down-home Taiwanese veg cooking. Great flavours, lots of variety. While waiting for your food to be prepared, you may find yourself being treated to free food samples. Josie is so friendly, generous and accommodating, you may start calling her 'mom'!

Pros: Amazing hospitality, Great food, Inexpensive

NancyMeatlessMeetup 15 May 2017 - Mdrutz's review is entirely accurate. The food is this small Kitsilano establishment is not Canadian-Chinese, but rather authentic Chinese. When you leave, you may feel like giving Josie a hug.

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Josie Ours closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.