Jo's Burger

Smithfield Village, Brunswick St N, Dublin, Ireland

Serves meat, vegan options available. A burger chain restaurant but has 2 vegan burger options and a big variation of toppings, salsa and relish. Staff will assist with recommendations and special orders. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, British, Non-veg

First Review by Banana Buzzbomb

Good service - Edit

Me and my partner went here for dinner and I ordered a sweet potato burger with fries. Yes it was lovely but was falling apart in my hands. We still really enjoyed our food and we washed it down with a homemade lemonade!

In terms of atmosphere, it was very loud. Not the people, but the music was so loud we couldn’t hear each other or have a decent conversation.

Pros: Good food , Nice staff

Cons: Really loud music

Nice homemade Stuff - Edit

Delicious and large portion burger..Many Things are homemade. Very nice staff!

Good burgers but... - Edit

The burgers and fries are good and substantial. However it felt like an overpriced tourist trap with indifferent service and atmosphere. So I won't be rushing back.

Happy To Find Vegan Food In Dublin - Edit

There aren't too many vegan options in Dublin so when we saw Jo'Burger had vegan options we hopped off the CityScape bus at the Jameson Distillery so we could check out Jo'Burger Smithfield.

Given everything else seemed to be closing in the area we were concerned this may be an issue with the restaurant as well. No worries, they were open and cooking!

When ordering you choose your patty, bread, and 'style' (from their list of options). We were served in a timely manner and devoured our burgers. Their fries are more like wedges and VERY filling. We each ordered fries and couldn't make it through those...should have shared! We were surprised to see ketchup on the table as many places in Europe didn't offer, however we're figuring it was house-made ketchup as it was in glass bottles and had a different (but good) taste than your typical Heinz.

Reading the reviews I've seen that many people didn't have decent service. I cannot say the same. All employees were pleasant and when asked about taxi service in the area they kindly instructed us to walk down the block where we could easily hail a taxi. Would recommend.

Given the limited amount of vegan options in Dublin I would give this a 5-star rating. However, since HappyCow does not allow 5 star ratings for veg-friendly (not full vegan) restaurants I'm unable.

Return to Dublin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jo's Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.