CLOSED: Jopen Proeflokaal

( 1 review )

0202237562

Lange Leidsedwarsstraat 4-6, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1017NL

Serves meat, vegan options available. The dophert burger and bieterbalen are vegetarian. Ask for the dophert burger in vegan version, and it comes without the mayo and a different bread. Has Wi-Fi. Confirmed closed April 2017.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Dutch, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by shanmackie

Cozy proeflokaal with a a few bites to eat! - Edit

I go here a lot with my boyfriend because they have so many beers to choose from and taste.

They have a very small dinner menu that is nice if you want to get a bite to eat. The dophert burger shares the name with a well-known vegan restaurant in Amsterdam. However, the way it is prepared here is not the same. This one seems to be fried and can be greasy. The bread I had it in was not vegan, but they easily swapped it out. It does include mayo so explain to them that you need the burger vegan.

There are also bieterballen (which are like bitterballen but made from beets.) I didn't have these myself, as I don't know if they are vegan, but they are definitely vegetarian.

Pros: Good vegan burger, Vegan appetizers, Great beer selection

Cons: Greasy burger, You have to ask for a vegan burger, Small space, can be noisy

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Jopen Proeflokaal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.