Jolo's Kitchen

• Friend
Contact 914-355-2527

412 North Ave, New Rochelle, New York, USA, 10801

Westchester County vegan food restaurant est. since 2008. Offers diner style sandwiches, Caribbean and Ital dishes plus juices, soups, and desserts. Casual vibe with art-filled walls decor. Mon-Fri 11:30am-8:00pm, Sat-Sun 1:00pm-8:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Buffet, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Caribbean, Catering, Ital

First Review by MO_vegan

Our Westchester Go To Vegan spot - Edit

You've got to Jolo because you YOLO! Vegan food with a Caribbean flair. I've been to Jolo's countless times and have always ordered from their hot bar- never even opened a menu! So I can only attest to the hot food section- always slammin'! Variety, fresh, relatively quick! Great juice options too. Patties are delicious- usually get the lentil or callalou (spelling?) and there's usually a dessert option too. If you don't see it out, still ask- it might be refrigerated! Excited for Jolo's that they are opening a second location!

Pros: All vegan all the time, Hearty options , Good vibe

Cons: Limited and not most comfortable seating, Slow service, okay if one on one, Neighborhood isn't the best

Ital magic - Edit

Fantastic little Ital spot in New Rochelle. Everything I've had here is hearty and delicious. I especially like the wide variety of patties and the daily rotations of veggies and proteins.

Pros: Ital food, Patties

Cruelty-Free Diamond in the rough - Edit

Friendliest people that you will ever meet in your life. You HAVE to try the vegan cheesecake, it's phenomenal. What they do with grains and vegetables is truly amazing, their meat alternatives even taste better than the real thing.

Pros: What they do with food is magic, daily variety, amazing staff

Great food! - Edit

The food at Jolo's tastes like a home cooked meal. I recommend the Mac and cheese and ribs both were delicious! The dining area is small and quaint but the service was very friendly and everything is made fresh to order. The perfect spot to go for a casual lunch or dinner!

Pros: fresh food , fresh juice, friendly service

So great! Love this gem! - Edit

I visited this place with my vegan sister and we had some terrific food! The reggae background music adds to the warm and welcoming vibe you get here. Chef Jolo was very friendly and helpful.

We especially loved the vegan mac & cheeze, samosa, and vegan raw cheesecake, but really everything was delicious and fresh.

We will both definitely go back and often!

Pros: Great food , Reasonable prices, Friendly staff

Vegan Food Cooked With Love - Edit

I love this place! I live an hour away, but for me it's worth the trip. This food goes beyond delicious. I feel like I'm eating something my mother would make for me.

My favorites are the patties, the veggie ribs and the curry stew. Everything is so flavorful that I have to remind myself I'm eating vegan food. The owner is very gracious and so is everyone else who works here.

I highly recommend this restaurant! It's my comfort food for the soul. :-)

Pros: Flavorful good sized portions, Nice Variety, Reasonably priced

Our Favorite Restaurant - Edit

Jolo's has become our favorite restaurant. We never look at a menu. We sit down and let Jolo decide what to present to us. This has always been pure delight. Dinner usually consists of a salad, several dishes selected by Jolo, a smoothie, Jolo's beet ginger tea, and we take home some baked goods. This place is not just for the vegans but for anyone who enjoys well prepared food and friendly staff.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 28, 2013

We continue to be regulars at Jolo's. The food is always a delight. We always take home an additional meal or two. I can't say enough good things about this place. It is like being an honored guest in someone's home.

Pros: Jolo, Honest, Tania, Chemesch, The Food

Local Hidden Gem - Edit

Large portions for very reasonable prices. Friendly service. Many gluten-free options. Nice selection of cooked greens, whole grains, starchy vegetables, fresh squeezed juices and smoothies. They have rice and almond milk for people who are allergic to soy or just want something different. Some ingredients are organic (not all), and the organic things aren't labelled, so you have to ask about each item. I wish they would forget the fake meat and focus more on whole foods! The main item on the menu is a big plate where you get several large scoops of whichever dishes you want. So if you're not into fake meat, you can skip that and just get more veggies or rice or quinoa. Jolo's is great, but it's crazy that it's the ONLY vegan restaurant in this neighborhood!!!

Pros: Big portions, Very reasonable prices, Gluten-free options

Cons: Not 100% organic, Too much fake meat

Amazing! - Edit

My daughter, boyfriend & I tried it out for our first time last weekend. I recently became vegan and this was my first time going to a vegan spot. I told Jolo I was new to it and to suprise me with a dish of his choice. He gave me a hot dish of 5 amazing hot meals! Ny favorite was the chili :) Jolo was very welcoming & kind and his employee was as well! We also bought smoothies which were outstanding! Great customer service, amazing food, affordable and for the service alone I would come back and recommend to everyone!! Great experience :) Can't wait to go back!!! Thanks Jolo!

Excellent Vegan Fare - Edit

Limited menu, but everything is awesome. I had the macaroni and cheese with a spicy red juice. Very large portions and the prices are reasonable. The staff is very friendly and welcoming -- I'll be going back!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff

Perfection on a Plate - Edit

We ate here three times last week when business brought us to the area for two days. We ordered the largest sampler plate each time (which let us choose 5 items each), and everything was delicious. We especially loved the ginger chicken, the kale salad, the barbecue chicken legs, the mac n cheese, and the spinach dish. Everything was flavorful, and though we ate a lot of food it didn't leave us with a heavy feeling--just a feeling of balance and satisfaction. We also tried the fruit smoothies, which were perfect. The owners were kind and welcoming, and we enjoyed the music and the ambience of the place. Wish we lived nearby! (FYI this restaurant is within walking distance of the Radisson hotel--very convenient for travelers.)

Pros: Terrific food, Friendly ambience, Lovely staff

Fantastic - Edit

Our visit was so lovely. We had a sampling plate of everything in the buffet. It was real food. Real good. Huge portions. So tasty. It's a little off the beaten path but certainly worth the trip. Best bet are the vegetable dishes, though the analog meats are good, the vegetables were outstanding.

Pros: Inexpensive, Delicious, Unexpected

Cons: ..., ..., ...

Good vegan food, friendly staff - Edit

I had a sandwich and fries with a fresh juice, and got a piece of vegan carrot cake to go. Everything was very good, the staff was helpful and friendly and the music was nice.

Pros: Vegan, Fresh juice, menu variety

Return to New Rochelle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jolo's Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4762 times since Sep 2008.