Jokubas Cafe

Vapaudenkatu 28, Lahti, Finland, 15140

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian choices are listed on the menu. Owner knows exactly what vegan means and is ready to make vegan dishes and respects the vegan lifestyle. Upon request, vegans can get falafels, salads, sandwiches, soups, fresh pressed juices and shakes. (Some items may already be vegan, so please inquire.) Open Mon-Thu 10:30am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 10:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Mediterranean, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Labrigade

Not the usual falafel place - Edit

I found the place through Happy Cow and have to admit I was a bit disappointed by the look of the place at first. The owner of the place was very friendly and we started talking. I ordered the pita falafel and was happy to see that he even made the bread himself. I found he's a professional chef with 30 years of experience and he was very passionate about cooking.... and I have to say I had the best pita falafel there ever with fresh ingredients, spices, homemade falafels and sauce. Super tasty and highly recommended.

I understood though that he is closing the place to start another restaurant in September or October (?). So it's better to double check if the place is open or not. Anyway anything this chef cooks is for sure delicious.

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-26

Pros: Good ingredients, Home made, Friendly

Cons: Not in Helsinki

Best in town - Edit

I've lived in Lahti most of my life, but just recently found about this place. The owner is always super friendly and will make you the food you really want, with a mix exotic spices. I've had multipile vegan sandwiches, juices and meals there and it has never dissapointed me.
I'd give 5 stars, if possible

Pros: Superb food made with excellent ingredients, Good value

Cons: Too good, Addicting

Return to Lahti Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Jokubas Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.