Johnny's Gone Fishing

919-932-5070

901 W Main St, Carrboro, North Carolina, USA, 27510

Serves meat, vegan options available. A coffee-shop/cafe has vegan choices that are not labeled and may possibly be able to make other items vegan. Vegans please inquire. Serves locally-roasted fair trade coffee and espresso drinks, snacks, beverages, baked goods, paninis, wraps, farm fresh products and local artisan goods. Has live music.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by David OMahony

Disappointing - Edit

I suppose I shouldn't expect much from a coffee shop, but this was listed on HC so I figured I'd try it. Pretty confused why it's here. The only vegan option afforded to me was a $3 plain bagel. Mind you, they don't prepare food here. It's all brought in. The only labeled vegan food option is an empanada that wasn't available when I visited. I was told they're exceptional, so I'd like to try them at some point. However, I was informed the woman who makes and delivers them also sells at the Carrboro farmers market. Would prefer to take my business directly to her.

Pros: Outdoor seating and occasional live music, Has coffee and tea?

Cons: Practically no vegan options

Small-town style one-off cafe with veggi options - Edit

My visit on 20th Aug, 2015 was a pleasure - great coffee, home-made no-added-sugar cookies, lots of unique/local products. Any store that knows the farm where most of the milk is sourced from is my kind of store! Like the gluten-free range.

Menu here: http://www.johnnysgonefishing.com/food-and-drink.html

Pros: Friendly staff, mostly veggie, live local music and culture

Cons: not fully veggie

Return to Carrboro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Johnny's Gone Fishing closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.