First Review by kmilitello

condescending and uncaring - Edit

Decided to try out this bakery for a donut - no donuts, however I did get coffee and a muffin. Typically the non dairy milk was actually non-dairy milk and not a creamer, making the coffee watery.

Why does it always have to be this way, I wondered. When will this vicious cycle of water coffee end?
Do these people just not KNOW? Surely they would care about their vegan/non-dairy customers since they base half their tag line off us.

Yeah turns out it's just that they don't care. The manager barely listened and didn't bother to process what I was trying to tell her, instead she just pulled out a parroted script on how "they can't stock everything".

Yeah, that would make sense if I were suggesting a new product for variation, but actually I'm just trying to get you to understand your customers perspective and apparently having to beg you for a quality product.
So I know she wasn't listening, only hearing what she thought she was going to hear and responding with an off use of a canned response.

I then hear her repeating the canned response to her new employees, to actively discourage them from caring about customer concerns. Holy. Crap.

I gave this place a star for the light and fluffy muffin that held a good crumb.

Pros: good muffin, open early

Cons: sees customers as some sort of cookie cutter autom, not open to improvement, watery coffee

best bakery ever! - Edit

The carrot cake, chocolate cupcakes and lemon tart are TO DIE FOR! Pizza is good too!

Very good - Edit

I've tried everything from vegan pizza to vegan cupcakes/sweets and really like their products! Can get expensive because everything looks and smells amazing. Staff is welcoming for the most part.

Pros: Good amount of vegan and gf items, Can custom make cakes etc, Day old bread specials

Cons: Can be expensive

Great food, tasty, and healthy. - Edit

This place is a gem. They have a wide variety of vegan options, cookies, pies, muffins, breads, etc. Everything I saw was gluten free and their vegan fare is beyond delicious. Not that it matters, but my non-vegetarian BF loves their baked goods. I got banana bread for him and a friend who observes a gluten-free diet and they were both in heaven.
The place has a table or two to sit outside.

Pros: variety of fresh treats, gluten-free facility, No preservatives

Cons: a little pricey, not a real place to sit down.

Wow..delicious fresh bakery items - Edit

I was out walking and saw this bakery popped in and was treated very nicely by a very kind gentleman (sorry I don't recall his name). HE explained their layout and varieties (and wow there are many). As their listing states and I was told all items on the top shelf are vegan. Everything was soooo delicious I bought one of each. My top favorite has to go to the carot cake. So soft and fresh with nice gratings of carot throughout. You must try it. Of course nothing was bad. Oh also their apple pie omg I just wish I had more to enjoy heated with some vegan ice cream. Anyways Joeys is a great bakery so stop in there.

Pros: everything fresh made daily, super friendly staff

Cons: I live too far away from them

awesome bakery - Edit

These folks know how to satisfy my sweet tooth! I have only eaten their vegan goods and they are awesome. Drop in and enjoy!

Lovely veg bakery for takeout - Edit

For years my fiancé has been surprising me with vegan delights from the Joey's booth at the Palm Beach Gardens Market. Now they have a storefront. This bakery is 100% gluten free and overall pretty healthy. The top shelves of the cases are vegan, the second shelves are dairy free (contain egg), and the bottom shelves are vegetarian but contain egg and dairy. They also have several "Paleo" options, including "Paleo vegan" for those who follow a Paleo diet.

I have had the vegan coconut maroons and they are delicious but start to fall apart after the first day. I tried a cookie filled with strawberry jam that was delightful. I also had a vegan chocolate muffin that was very good and not too sweet. I could have eaten several of those muffins. I would love to try their cakes and pies. They had strawberry cupcakes that looked amazing, but sadly were not vegan. We also bought some vegan focaccia bread to make pizza.

Joey is very friendly and helpful. She will let you sample some of the products. They are professional, but it definitely has the feel of a local mom and pop store. There is limited seating, but it's not so comfortable that you will linger long. It's not a coffeehouse. It's mostly for take out and special orders.

I would like to see more products naturally sweetened without sugar (dates/stevia), but they may already be making those items and they just weren't as clearly marked. I'm sure Joey or the staff would be happy to advise what items are sugar free. More vegan options would also be nice (I would love a vegan strawberry cupcake!), but there are plenty to keep a vegan happy.

Pros: Great vegan options, Healthy ingredients , Gluten free

Cons: Little pricey, More vegetarian than vegan options

ddb77 04 May 2014 - AGREE----best crusty sundried tomato/olive bread ever.
carrot cake/orange muffins and banana walnut muffins perfect---non better
price reasonable for this quality
we'll be regulars

Return to Boynton Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Joey's Home Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.